Question about GE 106591 Coffee Maker

2 Answers

GE coffee maker with grinder 169103

I called Walmart GE customer service on the bottom of the unit and they said they do not make replacement carafe's
for this product that I just purchased 3 weeks ago. That's a disgrace that they sell a coffee maker without replacement parts. I have looked everywhere and can't find any. If someone knows more than me, let me know.

Posted by on

  • 12 more comments 
  • jtnorth May 16, 2008

    I also have the GE coffee maker #169103 and I need a replacement carafe. If you can help I'd really appreciate it. Please email me Thanks

  • Anonymous Jun 17, 2008

    Yes I have broken mine as well. How could you make a product but not have a replacement part.

  • Lloni Jun 23, 2008

    My cats knocked the pot out of the coffee maker and I found it smashed on the kitchen floor the next day. I've tried to find a pot that will fit and so far nothing fits. Glad I looked at this web site to realize I'm not going to find one!

    L.B. In Huntington Beach

  • cowboy01 Jul 01, 2008

    I have the same problem need a pot for Coffee maker and grinder for GE Model # 169103

  • Anonymous Jul 10, 2008

    I absolutely loved my GE coffee maker 169103 until I could not find a replacement carafe! GE and Walmart should be ashamed of themselves!

  • Anonymous Aug 21, 2008

    we have broken the glass pot

  • amoparjunkie Aug 26, 2008

    i also have a broken pot and can't find a replacement

  • jlgm56 Aug 30, 2008

    I have had the same problem, and still cannot find one

  • Be_A_Blessin Sep 14, 2008

    Purchased this coffee pot for my son-in-law. No replacement carafe to be found. How disappointing.

  • Anonymous Nov 04, 2008

    i have the same flippin problem if i would have no known i would have not purchased this item, ge and walmart should be ashamed,

  • nancysteinke Nov 16, 2008

    exact same issue -- LOVED the coffee maker, but broke the pot... am in SHOCK that GE does not offer a replacement!

  • Anonymous Dec 01, 2008

    3 weeks after buying this GE coffee maker the pot cracked whole on the warming plate. No replacement carafe? Unbelievable !!!

  • Anonymous Apr 26, 2009

    I love this coffee pot but cannot find a replacement carafe! I have had this less than a year and have to purchase a new machine. Last time I buy GE!

  • Anonymous Mar 15, 2014

    i want to get a manual for the platinum coffee maker 1.5l with grinder



2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

We were unable to find a coffee pot that fit this model after it was broken so my roomate devised a solution to make it work in the meantime. He took the little plastic tab that closes off a bag of bread and used it under the filter in the filter cup to clip around the devise that holds the brewer open and let the coffee pour out below. Then we used a four cup Pyrex measuring cup underneath to catch the coffee. The first time I tried this without the device the coffee flooded out of the pot and all over the sink and not in the Pyrex because I didn't realize the previous pot held this device open. Just remember to let it finish brewing because it doesn't shut off when you remove the pot once you rig this up. A paper clip might work also. Good Luck!

Posted on Jun 23, 2008

  • ysenoJ Dec 03, 2010

    The first real solution to a shameful problem. Never again will I buy a GE appliance of any kind and never again will I buy *any* appliance from Wal-mart. The trouble is that Wal-Mart is heavy-handed with the companies mto get them to make tems exclusively for Wal-Mart, and then there's no support, no replacement parts, etc. As for coffee pots, we're better off to stick with Krups anyhow, and to buy on


  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

CALL 1-866-292-7403 for parts, for manuals

Posted on Jan 27, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Broke glass carraffe, need to replace model 169164

I replaced my broken carafe on model: 169164 by purchasing a RIVAL 12 cup coffee maker PIL-HC08104 from WalMart for $10.24 and simply put my black handles on the new pot whaic had white handles. The pot appear to be exactly the same.

Nov 01, 2009 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker

1 Answer

I have a GE coffee maker and grinder model no. 169103...Use only 20 times went to turn it on nothing happened.

I just got the 169103 coffee maker off e-bay.
Got it home and found it would not come on.
I did get my money back,,,however, decided to open up the bottom and found that the power connection to the unit gets very hot. The cord was burned. I managed to re-do the connection and it works now.

Oct 29, 2009 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker

1 Answer

KBC12BLK coffee maker -- need to purchase a new carafe -- where?

I had the same thing happen when my carafe broke. Mine is 238.69328 which is the black coffee maker. The simple solution is to head to Walmart and buy the GE replacement carafe. It's the 12 cup capacity one #169164. The box has 169180 on the bottom and it works like the old one and looks just as good no matter what color your coffee pot is.
Costs about $10.

Jun 20, 2009 | Kenmore KBC12 Coffee Maker

2 Answers

Looking for a Carafe replacement for my GE coffee maker

I've replaced my coffee pot from my local Ace Hardware!
I'd call first!
Good Luck!

Jan 18, 2009 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines

8 Answers

GE 4 cup coffeemaker Replacement Pots

I found them on amazon, click here and take a look: Amazon com ge 4 cup coffee pot replacement. have a nice day

Oct 04, 2008 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker

1 Answer

GE 169103

Make sure all the pieces are put in properly, and make sure the lid is snapping when it closes. If it doesn't it won't work at all!

Jun 07, 2008 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker

2 Answers

GE coffee maker #169103 replacement carafe

To all of you who are looking for the carafe that fits your coffee maker by GE: I just found one in a brand new one in a kitchen cabinet that I cleaned out. The only drawback is it's white, but it looks like the one pictured in your listing. Let me know if any of you would be interested in it.

May 17, 2008 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker

3 Answers

GE 106591 Coffee Maker Carafe Replacement

Mr Coffee p/n PLD13 is an exact fit replacemnt for the GE 169165 in white

Jan 14, 2008 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker

2 Answers

Water is leaking from bottom of base.

I just had good luck pulling the grinder bottom piece forward while pulling directly up on the blade mechanism. Hope this helps.

Dec 25, 2007 | Cuisinart DGB-600 Coffee Maker

8 Answers

Kenmore replacement carafe

Replacement carafe can be found on amazon, here: Amazon com Kenmore replacement carafe. Wish you best of luck. Mike

Nov 16, 2006 | Kenmore KBC12 Coffee Maker

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE 106591 Coffee Maker Logo

952 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines Experts

Joseph Hoffmann

Level 3 Expert

1746 Answers

Eric Taylor

Level 3 Expert

560 Answers


Level 3 Expert

78267 Answers

Are you a GE Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides