A few months ago my phone was dropped into a toilet and i took it out and it worked ok after it dried out. Then a bluetooth headset was installed on it and now it will only work for about 10 secs. then freezes up on me. I went to the verizon store and they couldnt figure it out. i have tried all the software and downloads i could find.k still the same thing, nothing.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should probably wait for a few days to ensure it's completely dry on the inside. I have heard other folks suggest that putting the phone in a bowl of white rice for a few days is a great way to dry it out. The rice will absorb the moisture.
Did the case cover the entire phone or just the sides and back like most?
I dropped my phone in the toilet and surprisingly it still works. First I took the battery off and dried the phone and battery as much as I could. Then I took my blow dryer and a towel where I folded the towel in half and positioned the phone and the blow dryer under the towel and left it going for about an hour. The next day I took the phone and sat it in the sun until the inside moisture was gone. Then I charged it my phone has been working fine ever since and that was nearly two months ago.
He must have removed the battery when it was dropped. This is to prevent any further damage to the phone due to internal short circuit. Remove the battery and let the unit dry for few days or store it in a warm place beside a desiccant or silica gel. The battery is drained and must be revived first. You can try using other battery so check if it's only your battery that is drained and makes the phone don't work. To revive the battery, connect its terminals to a DC power supply with voltage between 5 to 9 volts. Do this until the battery gets warm..