- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello, I have a fail-safe Solution for you... :) Go to the HP Support Website and click on Drivers and Downloads. Choose the 'Scan My Computer' option and make sure the usb cord is connected and the device is turned on. Choosing this method will allow HP to Download and Install Any & All Updated Software as well as Drivers for your HP Devices. Very Simple & Virtually Effortless.. There you go... GOOD LUCK & PLEASE don't forget to rate my Solution. Thanks!! Lucky4lynn2
1) check for a paperjam.
2) check the ink cartridges are not empty.
3) try pressing and holding down the flashing light button ( if applicable )
4) check the power lead is connected correctly.
5) give it a good hard Smack.
6) if all else fails Bin It, And Buy A New One :)
Mike @ Compurepair.