Question about HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Please let me know from where i can download the following drivers for my Compaq Presario v2000 machine:
1. Multimedia Audio Controller
2. Network Controller
3. PCI Modem
4. Video Controller
5. Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
I want drivers for multimedia audio controller and pci modem.
**Even though your computer may SAY that it is a Presario V2000, it may have an entirely different product number for downloading drivers specific to your particular configuration.**
1) Look at the serial code on the back/bottom of your computer: there is a number starting with p/n (ex. p/nEX664UA#APL) This code identifies your computer beyond the V2000 label.
2) Go to the compaq/hp website: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html#Support
3) select "Download Drivers and software(and firmware)"
4) THEN, enter your P/N Instead of "Presario V2000" into the product name/number box, and hit enter.
Select your operating system, and you will be redirected to a page listing all the necessary drivers for your model.
On the left of your screen, you will see a box that says "your product" with a picture of a laptop, and a model number beneath it. THIS IS YOUR ACTUAL MODEL NUMBER (Mine was Compaq Presario V2610CA Notebook PC).
5) Download and install the drivers you need, and gappy geeking!!!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
I know what's ur problem is. Some Compaq model is not the exact model that it stated in ur laptop.
E.g. My laptop, it stated to be presario v2000, but when i key in the P/N number in the hp compaq website, it turn out to be v2613AU and i managed to install all the above missing driver
Hope this help
Posted on Aug 10, 2008
I want to know where i can download the driver for my compaq presarioV2000.the audio,network controller.pci ,vga etc are not working
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
Audio and video drivers
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
I solved my problem here is the details for reference hope it work for u all too.
For my case I solved by installed the intel chipset driver. Below is the step
I assume u all is using Mobile Intel® 910GML Express Chipset since the laptop model is the same.
To identify ur chipset model download: Intel® Chipset Identification Utility
1) Install chipset driver Download link: INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 800 Series Chipsets
2) Install graphic driver Download link : Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* XP (exe)
3) Sound driver auto install after I installed the chipset driver.
4) Install Mass storage download link : Media Card Reader Driver
5) Others like PCI , network controller is auto detected by window after I install the chipset driver .
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
You find all drivers for XP here Compaq Presario F739A, I quote:
01. Chipset drivers - nVidia nForce chipset driver & Networking controller.exe (70MB): 14.10_nforce_630a_winxp_english_whql.exe
02. AMD Processor Update - sp35445 (3MB)
03. WinXPSP2 Enhancements - sp28668_Enh4WinXPSP2.exe (3.3MB)
04. VGA/Display - 15655.exe (35MB) (Right Click and select “Save link As” to save this file)
05. UAA Driver for HD Audio - sp32646 UAA4HDAudio.exe (35.5MB)
06. Audio/Sound - download C739 audio driver (3MB) see help below to see how to install
07. Modem - sp33742 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP.exe (6MB)
08. Card Reader - sp38689_Ricoh 5-1 Card Reader Driver.exe (3MB)
09. Wireless - Wireless_Atheros.zip (2.2MB), sp34510_HP Wireless Assistant.exe (3.2MB)
10. Webcam - sp35414_HP 1.3MP Webcam Software Drivers.exe (5MB)
11. Dotnetfx2.0 - dotnetfx_2.0.exe (22MB)
12. Touchpad - sp37065_Synaptics Touchpad.exe (24MB)
13. Quick launch - sp33258_Quick launch buttons.exe (14MB)
14. Battery - sp32299_HP Battery Check.exe (3MB)
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
Please help me get a s video driver i ry install from hp website it doesn't work
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
I need PCI modem driver pls.... Thanks
Posted on Sep 23, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need to download the drivers from the Compaq/HP WEB support/download page. Make sure you select your model laptop and the XP or Vista Windows version of the drivers you require and install them. Use this link to download the drivers
Posted on Jun 26, 2009
Please let me know from where i can download the following drivers for my Compaq Presario v2000 machine: 1. Multimedia Audio Controller 2. Network Controller 3. PCI Modem 4. Video Controller 5. Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Mar 24, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Nov 03, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Jun 26, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Apr 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 16, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Jan 04, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
May 07, 2008 | Video Game Consoles & Games
May 07, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
7,998 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!