Question about Acer Computers & Internet

1 Answer

GOT WET AND NOW NOT POWERING UP. - Acer Computers & Internet

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,567 Answers

First thing is to not try powering the laptop on after the water fell on it. Next, you should remove the battery off the laptop immediately. When this is done, you should fully disassemble the laptop & thoroughly inspect its inside. Look for any traces of water on the circuit boards & on other components. On circuit boards, water damage appears in the form of whitish traces. These needs to be wiped off. This can be done using a tooth brush moistened with few drops of hand sanitizer liquid.
Check all internal connectors & make sure that no water seeped into them. Dry them if needed.
When you are done, re-assemble back the laptop.
If the water fell on the keyboard & you found out that the keyboard is no longer working, then you will have to replace the keyboard.

Posted on Aug 30, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Unit got wet and has problems powering on and off.


open the casings and dry the unit off in the sun

if water is in the switch or motor
need to inspect those parts closer

Mar 07, 2017 | Vacuums

1 Answer

My tablets volume won't work after splash of water Please Help me to fix it!!


Turn off immediately! Dry thoroughly! Put in airing cupboard or near radiator ( not on it ) for a few hours! Then try powering up again!

Dec 07, 2014 | Vacuums

1 Answer

My daughter spilled juice on her cell phone, it can receive calls but she cant answer them because the touch screen will not work


You should never turn on any electronics that are wet.
  • Remove the battery
  • Place phone in a bag of rice
  • let it sit for 24/48 hours
  • Replace battery

Once it has dried out from the rice, you should be good to go, if you have not damaged it by powering it up while it was wet

I hope this helps
Magoo

Mar 11, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

It keeps automatically powering off. It will not stay on very long?


Check to see if your battery is swollen. If it is the battery needs to be replace. This can come from overcharging the battery or the battery got wet.

Nov 01, 2010 | Samsung SGH-A877 Impression Cell Phone

2 Answers

My iphone will not turn on. it got dropped in water what should i do?


dont try to switch on, remove every thing and dry it with hot air blower, keep the display in sun till it dry, then you can on



if u like plz comment me

Mar 11, 2010 | Apple iPhone Smartphone

1 Answer

LG 8700 won't turn on. says use genuine battery, powering down in 10,9, etc


i stuck a hairdryer to the moister indicator on the battery made the battery semi hot and the phone works again! i did not ever have this phone wet in any way

Jul 13, 2009 | LG VX-8700 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

My nokia 3110c got wet.. after that it has ni signal


When a cell phone becomes submerged in water, the best thing to do is take the batt out and let stand for 30 days without powering it up. if this phone was powered up 2 to 4 days after it was wet, its probably permanently damaged due to short circuit.

Feb 18, 2009 | Nokia 3110 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

When powering up just shuts off


you should have let it dry completely before powering it up, eventually the Power supply card(voltage regulator) got wet and stopped working, you need to have it replaced, it's not a battery problem even though the ps card might have damaged the battery a bit.

Feb 13, 2009 | Sony VIAO P4 PCV-RS712 3.0GHz 512MB 200GB...

1 Answer

Phone got wet and now unable to power on.


Most likely the water renered it useless for a while. Try drying it out more, DO NOT HEAT IT, or spray it at all. If you have a techy friend who would give it a shot, they could open up the phone and try cleaning away the corrosion that that water damage caused with contact spray or rubbing alchohol and a soft bristle toothbursh.

Oct 02, 2006 | Samsung SPH-a740

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

106 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Acer Computers & Internet Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18394 Answers

Mohammed Ebrahim M
Mohammed Ebrahim M

Level 3 Expert

633 Answers

Steve Sweetleaf
Steve Sweetleaf

Level 3 Expert

1144 Answers

Are you an Acer Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...