Question about Minolta Maxxum 500si 35mm SLR Camera

1 Answer

Minolta DYNAX 500si

I want to connect my camera to a telescope.I can find an adaptor,but I need a t-adaptor to fit the camera,has anyone any idea what size t-adaptor I would need?
I am new to photography and astronomy,so I need some help.
Also I am disabled and housebound so I do everything online,so any www sites where I can get this item from.I live in the UK.

Thanks to anyone who reads this.


Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 185 Answers


the T-adaptor for celestron is 1/14 inches. go to------- for anything in scopes & acc.

Posted on Dec 16, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hi my dad has a skylux which he bought second hand but it has no reflector mirror. In need of one so my dad can use his telescope for her first time since buying. Please can anyone help??

This place sells telescope replacement parts. You'll need to look to see if there is a model number as well has having the brandname to get the correct size mirror. Occasionally you can find replacement parts on e-bay. This isn't the part you need, but it just to give you the idea that they are there:

Nov 16, 2016 | Optics

4 Answers

I have an Olympus PME microscopewith a 35mm camera(bayonet fit)Can I fit a digital camera here instead? Thank you.


be sure all connection and ports match with the existing Olympus.


Aug 04, 2008 | Cameras

1 Answer

I have a Bushnell Telescope model # AG-78-4306 I need the part that attaches the tripod to the telescope

Telescopes and other things designed to fit on a tripod usually have a female thread and the attaching screw is part of the tripod.

If there is no female thread it isn't designed to fit on a tripod and an adaptor will be required. If it is available it will have to be sourced from the manufacturer or an optic specialist.

If it was mine I would have a brief look through Amazon/ebay and if no luck I would fabricate something myself.

Aug 12, 2016 | Bushnell Optics

1 Answer

I have a piece of meade carp that I have been trying to get a fix for many years. The scope currently performs a very useful service here, it keeps a door open. The problem is that the prism does not...

The Meade 8" SCT LX90 is a very good all round unit. Although angry, you will find it is well worthwhile persevering.
The back plate, called the optical back, takes an eyepiece holder into which you can also fit your diagonal prism for comfortable viewing. It is part 3 in the diagram here, Fig 1

All you need is the right size holder for this scope, such as

Any telescope shop can sell you one, but take care to get one that also fits the barrel of your prism, which will be either 1.25" or 2"

Apr 04, 2012 | Meade 8" LX90 LNT Schmidt Cassegrain...

1 Answer

I have a jason saturn telescope and everything is upside down

That's completely normal and correct for all astronomical telescopes.

If you want upright images for viewing terrestrial objects then you need to buy an adaptor called an "erecting prism" which sits between the eyepiece and the focuser. Astronomy telescopes don't use them as any unnecessary optical elements reduce image quality and contrast.

To get the correct sized erecting prism, measure the diameter of your eyepiece where it fits into the telescope. If it's 1.25" (31.75mm) then you'll find loads of them from online sites. If it's 0.965" (24.5mm) then it will be harder to find one as those sizes are only used on cheap chuck away toy telescopes, and any you do find are likely to be of very poor optical quality. IIRC, "Jason Saturn" was a brand name applied to a number of different models sourced from various manufacturers in N.America; the quality of individual models varies but I think they all used 1.25" viewfinders.

Aug 27, 2011 | Optics

1 Answer

Camera compatability

Has the Lumix got a thread on the front of the lens where the lens cap fits. if so see if there is a size written inside the lens cap. This will tell you what size threaded adaptor will be required on the front of the lens to fit the ring light to. be warned as this may cut the corners off your photos then the lens is in wide focus mode. Some lenses may not allow adaptor to be fitted to them as the lens element moves in and out and may hit the ring light and cause damage to your camers. Study the camera first.

Jul 25, 2010 | Digi-Slave L-Ring 3200 Flash

2 Answers

Just bought a 52mm hood, but it doesn't fit... Why??! Do I need another adapter?

The hood you buy needs to be the same as the inner ring on your lens. If you look at the inside of the lens ring or on the outside of the lens it will tell you what size filters will fit your lens. If the 52mm is too small or too big you should be able to find a adapter for it so it will fit. Try going to B&H photo website. They have tons of photography items. Hope this helps.

Oct 27, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera

1 Answer

Attaching my Canon Rebel XS to my Baush & Lomb telescope

You need an adapter ring that adapts the camera's lens mount to the telescope eyepiece. Most telescopes use the same size eyepiece, but you should ask the vendor before purchasing to make sure the ring will fit your particular telescope.

Dec 20, 2008 | Canon Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital Camera

1 Answer

I have a Kodak camera with a lens adapter that has 55 mm threads. How do I attach the Meade 64t-adapter to it?

Try a photo shop to see if you can get a T-adaptor to fit your camera (this is for SLR cameras without lens attached - the telescope becomes the lens)

But if you mean the 55mm filter threads, ie with the lens still on the camera, then you have the wrong thing. You need instead a contraption that holds the camera in position to take photos through the eyeepiece of the telescope (ie both telescope eyepiece and camera lens remain in place). With non-SLR cameras, that is the way to do it.

Apr 18, 2008 | Meade ETX-90 (48x90 mm)

Not finding what you are looking for?
Minolta Maxxum 500si 35mm SLR Camera Logo

Related Topics:

155 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Minolta Photography Experts


Level 3 Expert

538 Answers


Level 2 Expert

176 Answers

Parshiv Luthra

Level 3 Expert

383 Answers

Are you a Minolta Photography Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides