Question about ViewSonic VA800 17.4" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
This issue presents itself in different ways in this monitor, in the form of smeary video, or color changing from the left to right, or as you indicate, a smear following text. I know this as I own this monitor, and have repaired this myself. There are three 1 mf capacitors, surface mounted on the control board inside the monitor that fail. They are in the RGB input lines, and when they fail they cause distortion of the RGB signals, causing what you see. They are the three caps you will find in a row, spaced maybe 14mm on the board between the VGA connector and the processor chip. I would replace all three, observing polarity markings. You can get by just fine using old-style thru-hole caps, just form and clip the leads and solder 'em down on the surface-mount pads. I highly recommend proper soldering tools for this job though, especially for the removal of the old parts, they don't want to come off unless you can heat both pads at the same time.
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2014 | Magnavox ZV427MG9 DVD Recorder VCR
May 16, 2014 | Konica Minolta bizhub 250 All-In-One Laser...
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
May 04, 2010 | OKI C5200n Laser Printer
Mar 04, 2010 | ViewSonic VA800 17.4" Flat Panel LCD...
Feb 11, 2010 | ViewSonic VA800 17.4" Flat Panel LCD...
Jun 14, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 07, 2008 | Kodak I620 SHTFEDSCAN Path-Through Scanner
Jan 15, 2008 | ViewSonic VA800 17.4" Flat Panel LCD...
163 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: