Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Try reinstalling the X4270 drivers. You can find them HERE.
You can also try a clean boot/install. Removing the software and reinstalling it using a "clean boot/install" may resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. Booting clean is a way to eliminate programs from conflicting with installation of software.
1. Download the latest version of the software for your OS from the manufacturer's website.
2. Open the Windows Control Panel.
3. Open the Add / Remove Programs window.
4. Locate the listing for the keyboard/mouse software and remove it. When prompted to remove the keyboard/mouse drivers files, click Yes.
The following is the procedure for a 'clean boot' in Windows XP:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
6. Click on the Services tab
7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
6. Click OK
7. Click Restart
After restarting, reinstall the downloaded software. Next, do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. Replace checkmarks in the items that you previously removed them from.
3. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
4. Click OK
5. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Hopefully, you should not have any problem now.
If you have a different OS, say Vista, etc,please post back and I will provide the appropriate steps.
Hope that helps!
If your issue is not resolved, please do not assign a rating just yet. Please post back as to what steps you took, results, etc, and I will try to assist you further as best I can. I am here at your service.
P.S. - You can rate a solution with one of four ratings as explained under (remember that at times a bit of to and fro dialogue may be necessary to resolve an issue).
Posted on May 07, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 19, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jun 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 15, 2010 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Sep 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 27, 2009 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 10, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: