Question about Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Belkin N1 wireless router
FixYa's Maanita was no help whatsoever, and worse, a complete waste of time. I called Belkin who's tech guided me to the problem in ten minutes, whereas I wasted an hour and a half with FixYa.
Posted on Jul 04, 2008
SOURCE: no internet connection
I received this solution from Belkin. It worked for me & I hope it does for you. Good luck!
Please follow the details given below:
1. Please contact your internet service provider to know the connection type details (Is it PPPOA,PPPOE, Dynamic or static)
2. Belkin router F5D8633 ADSL router works only with ADSL broadband connection and does not support Cable broadband connection.
3. Do not use the Setup CD Assistant; reset the unit and configure it manually. Make sure to set the correct VPI/VCI values in the process as the default settings may not be correct.
4. When using PPPoA, always use VcMux encapsulation, when using PPPoE, always use LLC encapsulation. Keep the VPI and VCI as 0/38.
5. Please follow the instructions given below to configure the router manually:
- Connect the phone line direct to the router, or through the filter.
- Connect the computer to one of the LAN ports on the router.
- Switch off the router and power it back after 5 seconds.
- Restore the router to factory defaults by holding down the reset button on the back of the router.
- The power light will flash and then come back ON solid, indicating that the router is being restored to factory defaults.
- The corresponding lights on the router should be lit-up.
- Check if the computer has an IP address in the range of 192.168.2.x
- Click on `start` & click `Run`.
- Type in `cmd` & click `ok`.
- Type `ipconfig` and Enter. Check for IP address, subnet mask & Default Gateway.
- If not, specify a static IP address, gateway and DNS by following the steps at http://web.belkin.com/support/kb/kb.asp?a=2824
Then follow the below instructions to reset IE.
-Open Internet Explorer
-Click on Tools -> Internet Options
-In the General tab, click on Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files
-Click on Clear History
-In the Connections tab, select Never Dial A Connection and click on LAN settings
-Uncheck all the options and click on OK
-In the Advanced tab, click on Restore Defaults
-Click on Apply and then OK.
- Open a new Internet Explorer window and on the address bar please type in http://192.168.2.1 and click on go.
- You should be able to access the routers set up page.
- By default the password is blank.
- Click on Connection Type and Reconfigure the connection on the router (using your ISP details).
- Save the Changes.
Note: Please obtain the correct values regarding the Internet connection from your Internet Service Provider.
Internet Status should show Connected on the top right hand corner of the web page.
If the problem persists, please get back to us with the following information given below:
1. Type of connection provided by the ISP (Is it PPPOA,PPPOE, Dynamic or static)
2. The ADSL light status on the router. Please let us know if the ADSL light status on the router is solid or flashing.
3. ADSL broadband connection or Cable broadband connection.
4. Operating system on the computer and the version number for the internet explorer like IE 6 or IE 7.
5. Internet Status shows as Connected or Disconnected on the top right hand corner of the router web page.
Log on to the router web interface at http://192.168.2.1
- By default, the password is blank.
- Click on Security log under "Firewall" option (let us know the message you see under the security log or send us the screen short of the message you see under the security log)
6. Then, check the IP address of the computer. For checking the IP address:
- Click on start & click `Run`.
- Type in cmd & click `ok`.
- Type IPCONFIG and Enter. Check for IP address, subnet mask & Default gateway.
- The IP address should be in the range of 192.168.2.x (x=2 to 254)
- In the command prompt type PING 192.168.2.1 & Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
- Type, PING 18.104.22.168 & press Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
- Try pinging yahoo by typing PING yahoo.com and Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
The connectivity issue with your Belkin router could be due to a couple of different items. Your ISP might even be able to shed a little light on the subject.
I would also go to Belkin's website, and go to the support area by clicking on Support Center in the left pane of the sight. You can then search for your product number. With the results that you receive, you will be able to see what version of firmware they have, which is like doing a software upgrade on your computer. There should also be a step by step process on the website for you to install the firmware. I would do it from a desktop that is connected physically to the router.
Please let me know if you would like further assistance with this matter. Thank you.
Posted on Mar 27, 2009
that means there is usually a problem with your modem. you know how to hook up a router, right? usually you unplug power from both devices, plug in your modem and let it load, then plug in your router. (with some isp's id will work the other way around.
Posted on May 10, 2009
You may need to upgrade the firmware of the device. Please see setp by step instructions here: http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/497/q/routers
Download your latest firmware from: http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/306/kw/F5D8236-4/r_id/166
Posted on Jan 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2012 | Belkin Connect N150 Wireless Router...
Jul 26, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Jan 12, 2010 | Belkin F5D8236-4 Router
Jan 09, 2010 | Belkin F5D8236-4 Router
Nov 12, 2009 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
May 10, 2009 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Jan 10, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
360 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!