Hi would you please tell me if there is a software update for the phillips 30 32 lcd tv 390127 phil32pfl55220 . We have had the tv for 3 months and it has started to bleed the colours together and i have heard that sometimes you can get a software update that might put this right. Many thanks for your time frank1.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: software update lcd tv
The Philips 32PFL5522D does support firmware upgrades.
Only the digital board can be updated by the user. This is done by downloading the firmware on to a memory card (CF) and inserting into a PCMCIA adaptor. This is then inserted into the CI slot at the back of the TV.
The main TV would have to be updated by a Philips service agent using a COMPAIR device.
However, I don't think the problem you describe is to do with firmware.
You could try altering the following settings:
Contrast - 65
Sharpness - 2
Contrast Plus - OFF
NR - ON
Colour - approx 50
If this doesn't help, then the problem is most likely caused by a faulty lead between the LCD panel and driver board. This is a common problem with this model, but should not be an expensive repair.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to Philips web site, (enter Model number....) then download updated software & drive to update your TV software. It will fix that problem. I just did for my TV (42PF7320A/37). Here is the link: Download and save in USB. Stick USB on the TV' USB then updated from there. Hope, It will work. Good look!
Tried tv and cables or satalites boxes unplug,replug it back like about an hour later.The tv will be reset itself back to the factory setting and the those boxes will updated it softwares.The tv should be working again.
If you are experiencing any problems with your brand new tv, it would be best to consult and call the Phillips tech hotline(1-866-771-4018). Do not experiment and try to download a software without any advise of a Phillips technician. For if in any case it causes some problems it will void your warranty and it will fall under "MISUSED"
When you run the scan does it indicate that the scan is complete? Some tvs if you don't go through all the steps it wants it will do that. If you have completed it then the mother board (main board) of the TV is the most likely suspect. You might try going on Phillips website to see if there is a software update for that issue. Otherwise replacing the mother board would be the only other option and it would most likely be cheaper to replace the tv at that point.
1. Ensure the TV is set to "home" mode in the user menu. If set to "Shop" it will not retain audio settings change
2. verify that the Audio out from the PC is working. Use a set of headphones just to verify
3. Triple check that you have the audio input assigned to the correct HDMI input
4. after doing these if it still doesn't work, I would suspect the Software update had a side affect that phillips is not aware of. Since this function would probably be missed by Phillips software testers, it is highly likely that this is possible. Contact phillips and let them troubleshoot the problem with you. Let them know it happed after you did the update also and let them know that you have verified the audio out from the PC.
You are not the only one I can tell you that. I had a similar problem with my Phillips 42 in. LCD HD TV.
Here's the problem. The Power Supply Board. I opened my TV
up(warranty was up of course) and found several bad capacitors.
Phillips and several other companies were sold capacitors that although
were highly rated failed within 5 years because of a lack of
preservatives. All sorts of electronic equipment is now being effected
due to these defective capacitors.
1. Take it in and have it fixed
2. Open it up, check the board for faulty capacitors(bulged or leaking) Buy a new Power supply board and install it.
3. Remove PSB, remove faulty capacitors and replace with compatible new ones.