Question about Onkyo DV-SP500 DVD Player
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Region code hack posted by Victor Lazlo, July 14 2003:
Steps to change Region code:
1. open setup menu (with setup key)
2. select menu point 'General' (dt. 'Allgemein')
3. select sup-menu point 'Setup-Menu Mode' (dt.Setup-Menü-Modus)
4. at 'Setup-Menu Mode' select 'basic' (dt. Einsteiger)
5. confirm 'Basic' sellection with 'Enter' key
6. now push 'Display' key at your remote control, the present regent code will be displaid
7. to change the region code push 'Condition Memory' key (COND.M) at your remote control, afterwards a number key representing the region code you want to select
8. after a successful change, the disply of ther regional code will disappear
9. if pressing the 'Disply' key again the changed regional code will be shown.
Remark: Macrovision copyguard in gerneral will be switched off after that modification
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
Not sure I can solve, but maybe help. I am having a similiar problem. However, make sure you Analog Audio (RCA type) cable are connected even if using Digital connection between the two. They use those cable to send the Commands (Mentioned in the documentation).
If you did get yours to work, please give me a hint... I upgraded mine from a 603 to a 701 and haven't been able to get it to work since.
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
Had an Onkyo DV-SP301 that would only intermittently come out of standby. Found faulty resistor R2 on the power supply board (board ORTP-865), it was nominally 5600 ohms, measured much higher. This after checking most p/s caps! R2 runs warm when unit is in standby, so you may want to replace with a higher power rated resistor. I used same rating but 10 k ohm instead, worked fine then.
Posted on May 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2012 | Onkyo DV-SP500 DVD Player
Apr 19, 2012 | Pioneer Televison & Video
Jun 15, 2017 | Onkyo DV-CP706 Multi-disc DVD Player
Jun 12, 2010 | Onkyo DV-S353 DVD Player
Jan 25, 2009 | Onkyo DV-SP500 DVD Player
Dec 05, 2008 | Onkyo DV-CP704 DVD Player
Nov 28, 2008 | Onkyo DV-SP301 DVD Player
Jan 20, 2008 | Onkyo DV-SP800 DVD Player
Jan 04, 2008 | Onkyo DV-CP704 DVD Player
Oct 04, 2006 | Onkyo DV-C501 DVD Player
May 30, 2017 | Onkyo Televison & Video
Feb 01, 2016 | Onkyo Televison & Video
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!