Question about Actiontec (GT701) Modem
I can't seem to find my intallation disk and the modem will not hook to the internet.
My power light is on but the internet light flashes green.
The error 680 means There is no dial tone. The modem is not detecting a dial tone There are many possible causes of a No Dial Tone Error. 1.Check cable is correctly inserted into back of modem and phone socket 2.Check properties of connection, make sure correct modem is being used 3.Disable "wait for dialtone before dialing" in My Computer > Dial Up Networking > Properties of Connectoid > Configure > Connection > remove checkmark under call preferences 4.Try removing fax machines or other devices connected to the line 5.Make sure no one is using the telephone when trying to connect
Posted on Jul 11, 2007
Yes this is a normal method to setup a wireless network.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps :-
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
Sounds like a problem with your cable connection. Check your coaxial cable, and the splitter from where the cable enters your home. The tech will use a signal meter to measure the quality of your cable, and then replace the wiring if necessary.
Posted on Jan 04, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2011 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Apr 21, 2011 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Jan 28, 2011 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
May 07, 2009 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Feb 27, 2009 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Aug 27, 2008 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Oct 24, 2007 | Modems
Jul 07, 2007 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
439 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: