Question about Tomtom GPS
This is a common type of problem occurs,this could occur due to the following reason
1)Reset the phone will solve it.-(mainly this will solve)
2)Firmware corrupted needs update.
3)Jumper IC inside the GPS could have burnt.You should replace the IC or re hot it or If you don't have take it to the nearest service centre.
To reset your Tom Tom device:
Check that the battery is charged properly.
Charge your device for at least 2 hours before trying to turn it on again. Make sure the charging light on your device is on.
Remove the SD card
If your device uses an SD card, remove it.
Reset your device.
Use a straightened paper clip, or something similar, to push the reset button for 15 seconds. See the pictures below for where to find the reset button.
Turn your device on.
Press the On/off button for at least 5 seconds.
Insert the SD card
If your device uses an SD card, insert the SD card.
Firmware upgrade solution:
1. turn on tom tom software in computer and install updates
2. hold power button on tom tom device for 15 sec then it will turn off
3. connect tom tom device to computer AFTER updates have been installed. (i recommend rebooting computer so software takes affect)
4. hold power button to turn on device once connected to computer(this will install updates into device)
5. once install is done disconnect dive and turn power off.
6. turn device back on in an area were you get a good signal this should fix the problem might take 5min to get GPS Signal.
Please do rate the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
thank you for using fixya have a nice day:-)
Posted on Aug 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2010 | Tomtom ONE 3rd Edition GPS
Mar 15, 2010 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
Dec 19, 2008 | Tomtom GO 720 GPS Receiver
Nov 21, 2008 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!