Question about Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
I repair laptops professionally and work on many Dells. Here are the possibilities.
1. The plugin connection where the battery meets the charging contacts in its bay where it seats are malfucntioning and the software is reading it incorrectly. To see if this is so, push the small round black button on the battery next to the 5 little dots at one end. If none of those dots light up green, the battery has no charge and the connection I spoke of above is damaged or malfunctioning beyond where you can see. If all the dots light up green, the battery is likely fine but the laptop can;t connect to its charge at the plugin.
2. The basic software (BIOS) is reading the charger/adapter incorrectly and although saying it is charging or charged, the actual charger is ruined inside in the compartment for charging the battery. Dell chargers can actually be incapable of charging the battery but still run the computer on direct current while plugged in.
3. The battery is no longer able to be charged, but is giving a false reading.
4. The DC Power Jack (into which you plug the charger) is only partially damaged and while able to power the laptop directky, cannot charge the battery. (Check to see if it is loose and woobly when you plug in the charger.
The easiest and least expensive way to troubleshoot and fix this yourself is to start with the charger. They can be had on eBay for about $20. Keep in mind that if no green lights show up on the battery, it might be your first choice and it's about the same price.
I hope I've given you enough info the help you determine your true problem.
Posted on Aug 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2013 | Lenovo G500 59373039 Intel Core i5-3230M...
on May 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 26, 2012 | Lenovo IdeaPad Y450 Notebook
Apr 30, 2012 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP G61A50US 156 AMD Athlon...
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
Feb 06, 2011 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Nov 07, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Apr 04, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Nov 06, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Apr 01, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 2200 Notebook
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!