Question about Briggs & Stratton Garden
Yes it could be
check your battery 1st , then check the stator a/c output
• 10 or 16 Amps DC regulated for charging
• Two black leads (C) from stator
• Yellow connector (D) with two pin
• Two yellow leads (E) to regulator-rectifier
• One red lead (B) from regulator-rectifier
to red connector output lead (A)
• 10 and 16 Amp systems use the same
stator, color coding and regulator-rectifier
• Alternator output is determined by the
flywheel alternator magnet size
The stator and regulator-rectifier are the same
for the 10 and 16 Amp systems. The system
output is determined by the flywheel magnet
Test Alternator Output
1. Temporarily disconnect stator wire
harness from the regulator-rectifier.
2. Insert RED test lead (A, Figure 28) into the
V ω receptacle in the meter.
3. Insert BLACK test lead (B) into COM
4. Rotate selector to AC Volts position.
5. Insert RED (A) and BLACK (B) test lead
probes into output terminals (D & E) in
YELLOW connector (C). (Test clip leads
may be attached to either terminal).
6. With the engine running at 3600 rpm, the
output should be no less than:
• 20 volts - 10 Amp System
• 30 volts - 16 Amp System
7. If No or Low output is found, check for
bare wires or other defects. If wiring
defects are not found, replace the stator.
voltage depending on alternator type and magnet size
then check the regulator / rectifier , make sure it is grounded properly
make sure battery earth lead is good
i suspect loss of bat voltage is letting the afterfire solenoid close off the main jet
let me know model and type codes off engine & i will try help further
Posted on Aug 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 30, 2017 | Briggs & Stratton Garden
May 20, 2014 | Mtd Yard - Man 160cc, 21" Self - Propelled...
Mar 10, 2014 | Briggs & Stratton Garden
Jul 28, 2012 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Jul 24, 2011 | Garden
Jul 24, 2010 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
May 09, 2010 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Apr 06, 2010 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton Intek V...
May 09, 2009 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Apr 28, 2009 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
1,034 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: