Question about Canon PIXMA iP1700 InkJet Photo Printer
Thanks for using FixYa. To empty/reset waste ink absorber: Open the cover, move the cartridges to the centre, and then press the pad of absorbent paper towel onto the waste ink pads. You can locate the waste ink pads to the right of the cartridges. This will absorb a lot of ink in the pads and that will remove the warning after you reset the printer waste ink tank counter. You can reset your Canon Printer by following this procedure—
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop/Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
5) Turn off the printer. (It must be turn off) then turn it on again.
If still the issue is not resolved then you'll have to take the waster ink pads out and let it remain soaked up in hot water for 8-10hrs. Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
Posted on Aug 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is only some thing you can try, and if it works please can you let me know so I can tell others so can use it.
Waste Ink Tank Reset
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal
If this not work you will need to look for IP-Tools on the net to download.
The inkpads are inside the printer and will need to take it apart to get them out to clean, or take it to the shop for them to do.
All the best Pineworks
Posted on Mar 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2014 | Canon PIXMA iP5000 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 05, 2010 | Canon SmartBase MP390 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 17, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 16, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 14, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
Dec 10, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP2200 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 01, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 15, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 24, 2014 | Canon PIXMA iP1700 InkJet Photo Printer
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!