Question about Washing Machines
The drain is the white circle thing right in the middle. you unscrew the cap and then pull the filter straight out.
There are 3 small 9/32 hex head screws that hold the front panel on. The front panel is below the washer window.
These screws can be found::
a. if you have the optional washer storage drawer unit,, they can be found by opening the drawer, and observing the 3 screws (left, middle, and right side, that hold the front panel on.
b. if you DONT have the optional drawer assembly, then they are found on the front, bottom, of the washer, again holding the front panel on the washer.
1. unscrew the 3 hex head screws (9/32 socket or nut driver size)
2. lower/remove the front panel, and set it asisde on some towels, so as not to scratch the front panel.
3. get something now to soak up at least a gallon of water that WILL empty onto the floor.
4. observe large WHITE drain cap, at front center of washer.
5. unscew white drain cap --WARNING-- lots of water WILL drain out when you loosen the white cap. Once all the water is out, remove and take out the filter trap.
6. clean out the front and bottom of the filter trap. I'm sure lint, and gosh knows what else have cloged some of the holes
7. wipe out the inside of the housing for the filter trap (observe lots of -gunk- there too).
8 put back in filter trap, tighten white cap, and put front panel on washer with same 9/32 screws you took off earlier
Let us know if you have something more to ask else please accept the solution.
Thanks for contacting fixya.com
Posted on Aug 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2014 | Kenmore HE4t 3.8 Cu. Ft. King Size...
Aug 21, 2012 | Kenmore HE4t 3.8 Cu. Ft. King Size...
Jan 01, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jun 12, 2007 | Kenmore 44072 Front Load Washer
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!