Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Everything starts up normally but i will list the following problems i have with the picture quality on my ps3
1. when i play music, the earth and other scene are covered by this green to red to yellow picture, i can barely see the scene
2. when i view pictures there are red and green dotted lines scattered horizonally acroos the picture, when u zoom in sometimes they dissappear for a few seconds
3. when i view saved video clips there are red and green horizonal lines that flash across the screen, mainly on the edges. the same thing happens with movies of all types.
4. when i play Warhak the tanks, warhawks, characters will usually be neon green or a bright burgundy color and super white. the ground has sporadic black dotted lines.
5. when i use the internet browser sometimes it shows a normal picture. if it doesnt i can exit the browser and enter again and repeat until i get a clear picture, but it only lasts about ten minutes. if i zoom in on the dots they seem to be a tiny square divided in 4 different shades of the dot all moving and changing different shades
6 when i play the new gta i have to walk through wierd polygonal shapes that appear and disappear depending on which way i have the character facing, but they are always in sight in the distance. they are not solid masses unless they are what the game has put there. i can walk and shoot through them.
i have replaced all the cables and have performed two sytsem resets and no fix. i even went as far as buying a 1080p lcd tv and tried the hdmi cables and resulted in the same problem.a computer tech friend of mine said it could be a bad video card or a virus. do u think u could figure out the problem? please help me with this problem
I figure out your problems! Maybe you use a very low pixel video card on your computer. or maybe your need a correct driver of your video card. if your video card is built in to the board you should inhstall the CD utilities enclosed to your computer from the vendor. if it is an add -on video card you need also to install the video card driver in it. if you install it before and ex[perience an error. maybe you need to uninstall the driver and reinstall it again. There is no virus cause in this problems only the video card and driver of the hardwares.
may this help,
Posted on May 07, 2008
I'm sorry to say pedro but your computer friends first instinct was correct this is a faulty videocard and or drivers.
how long ago did you purchase your PS3?
You said you did 2 resets but Have you reset the PS3 to Factory settings? If you did factory reset it did you test the same problem before uploading your backups onto the PS3?
If not do a system backup
This is how to do a Factory Reset on PS3
1. Power Off the PS3 in back and power back on
2. Hold power button on the front till you hear 3 beeps.
3. Then go through the setup and then run a Full Format from System -> Format. You may need to have your AV cables if your using HDMI (in case its not detected after reset)
4. Test the same problem with the same game
5. If still doing problem restore your backup you made prior to doing factory/hard reset
6. Contact sony cause you need a repair.
Posted on May 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 16, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Sep 16, 2010 | Sega Genesis Console
Jul 15, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jun 28, 2009 | Nintendo DS Lite
Feb 20, 2009 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jan 23, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jan 20, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!