Question about Samsung PPM42S3X 42 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma Television
The buttons on the bottom of this TV are locked and i do not have the owners guide or the original remote, how do i unlock the TV? not even the power button works, the universal remote will switch it on but it will not let me into the menu to switch settings
SOURCE: remote not working!
Hi, I have just had same problem and rang Samsung who sorted it ! All that was required was to reset remote by taking out the batteries then press power for approx 10 seconds and then replace the batteries and hey presto it worked!
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
SOURCE: need help
ensure the tv is in analogue mode, not dtv and turn it off. with the remote: press info then, menu, then mute then power. these buttons need to be pressed sequentially not all at the same time and in quick succession. a menu will appear on the tv. navigate to the reset option and press the left arrow key on the remote (or press the enter/ok button) the tv will reset itself and turn off. turn the tv back on & it'll re tune all its channels. DTV should be working again.
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2015 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Mar 22, 2012 | Apex Digital PF3225 32" TV
Jul 05, 2011 | RCA Televison & Video
1. Turn on the TV using the remote control. In most cases, you will need the original Jensen remote to unlock the TV if you aren't sure of the unlock code. You can purchase an original replacement online if necessary.
2. Look at the screen. If you see a red key on the bottom of the screen, press "Function" and "Mute" on the remote at the same time. This will unlock the channel. Do this if you want to bypass the lock to watch a certain show or channel while leaving the TV locked. All other channels will remain locked and the TV will lock again when it is turned off.
3. Unlock all of the channels on the TV by entering 0711 or 3308. These are the Jensen factory reset codes that will reset the TV to the original factory settings. By doing this, you will loose any information that you have stored in the TV, such as channel labels and schedules. You will have to program the TV again by going through the entire initial set up.
4. Call the technical support service number in your owner's manual if neither of those codes work. A technician can help you troubleshoot the television as the problem may not be the parental lock feature. Have the model number and serial number of the TV available when you call.
5. Take your television to a TV repair shop if neither of the codes work and the TV locked by itself while it was turned on. In this case, the TV may need to be rewired.
Mar 14, 2011 | Jensen 143307 Remote Control
Mar 14, 2009 | Televison & Video
Nov 23, 2008 | RCA RCU300 Remote Control
Mar 20, 2008 | RCA 20F510TD 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
Feb 15, 2007 | Haier HTF20R21 20" TV
Aug 08, 2006 | Mitsubishi VS-55707 TV
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: