Question about Apple MacBook Pro PC Notebook
Thank you for contacting Fixya Support, I am glad to assist.
If you are unable to gain access via the password to login to your Mac OS X desktop, you are going to reset your password.
What you will need to do is use the Mac OS X restore (Disk 1) or the Mac OS X installation disk which came with your Macbook Pro.
Now perform this process:
* Insert your install disc
* Reboot your Macbook Pro
* Press the C key on your keyboard and hold until you see the white screen, grey apple, and eventually the spinning gear.
* Release the C key when you see the spinning gear
* When you reach the Mac OS X install environment, click past the language screen.
* From the Installer Menu bar select "Utilities" and then "Reset Password".
* Within the Reset Password utility, select the User Account you need access to.
* Reset the password.
* Quit the Reset Password utility when you have reset and confirmed the new password
* Quit the Installer and restart your Macbook.
* At the login window, enter your username and newly reset password. You should now be able to successfully log in.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 29, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Hi. I turn on the
People have a lot of passwords they have to remember; so it’s only natural that once in a while you will forget one. Did you forget password on your Macbook, iMac, or Macbook Pro? If you should happen to ever forget your OS X login account password, you can either try to recover it or else reset it completely. You’ll be happy to know that there are safety procedures available to recover and reset your passwords. This article will show you how to reset MAC password on any Mac running Mac OS X.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2015 | Apple MacBook Pro Laptop Computer with...
Dec 25, 2010 | Apple MacBook Air
To set up access to a free Yahoo! Mail account in Mac OS X Mail:
Oct 02, 2010 | Apple MacBook Mac Notebook
Aug 28, 2010 | Apple aluminum 13-inch MacBook laptop-...
May 18, 2010 | Apple MacBook Air
Apr 12, 2010 | Apple iBook Mac Notebook
Dec 29, 2008 | Apple Power Mac G5
Aug 11, 2008 | Apple Mac OS X 10.4
Jan 29, 2008 | Apple MacBook PC Notebook
Jan 11, 2018 | Apple MacBook Pro PC Notebook
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: