Question about Epson Stylus CX5400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
We have a few of the HL-2070N's and I have seen this issue on a few of them. Usually it indicates one of several instances that can be found on Brothers website in the FAQ's about what does the LED indicate area.
The main solution I have found is that depending on where the paper jammed it has affected the drum/toner cartridge assembly somehow or another.
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
Please follow the instructions given below:
1. Disconnect the USB cable and the printer power cable.
2. Please disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Then remove the cartridges from the printer.
4. Please reconnect the power supply back and turn on the printer.
5. If lights are blinking then printer encoder strip is most likely the problem. Unplug the power from the printer. Open the front cover and move the cartridge carrier to the center. You should see a white ribbon cable, a thin plastic strip and a black belt with teeth.
6. The thin plastic strip is the encoder strip. It rides in a sensor on the back of the cartridge carrier that you will not be able to see. Reach in with the first finger of either hand and carefully strum the strip as if playing a guitar.
7. The strip will need to be lowered slightly and brought towards you slightly. Please be careful not to break the strip or your printer will not function. Once you believe the strip is set correctly, plug the power back and let us know if the lights are still blinking.
8. If you cannot repair the strip, please let us know so that we can assist you further.
Please Note: Fixing the encoder strip is a delicate procedure. During the troubleshooting, if the strip breaks, you will not be able to use the printer. We will replace the printer, only if it is under warranty.
9. However, if lights are not blinking then try inserting one cartridge at a time and check if you can see any lights blinking. If light blinks with one cartridge then that cartridge is defective.
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2015 | Epson WorkForce 545 Wireless All-In-One...
Apr 23, 2012 | Epson WorkForce 633 InkJet Printer
Aug 26, 2011 | Epson Workforce 520 Printer
Jun 22, 2011 | Samsung CLP 315 Laser Printer
Per the DS1 manual the yellow light relates to the SafeSense feature. A toggle switch under the deck is the SafeSense override switch. The override switch deactivates the SafeSense feature so that you may clear a paper jam. When the switch is in the override (left) position, the SafeSense yellow light will flash and the SafeSense feature will not function. Once the paper is cleared, reset the SafeSense override switch to the right position. The SafeSense yellow light turns on when you touch or are too close to the paper insert opening.
Jan 18, 2011 | Fellowes DS-1 Shredder
Nov 24, 2010 | GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
Mar 24, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Apr 01, 2009 | Canon MP140 PHOTO AIO All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 25, 2008 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!