Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

What is the best thing to use to get the burned smell out of the house,I burned up some meat, I've tried everthing that I could think of. I boiled bleach, I boild pine-sol,burned inscents and its still in here ,help me. Thanks Terry

Posted by on

  • Terry Sims Aug 28, 2010

    thank you I think one of these will help you have a nice day too

×

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 10,515 Answers

Hi,

There are few things that you could try.

1. Cut up a lemon into pieces and put it into a pot of boiling water on the stove. Let it boil for 10-15 minutes to freshen the air.

2. Cut up an onion and place it in a bowl of water. Leave it in the middle of the room overnight and it will absorb odors from the air.

3. Boil a handful of cloves in a pot of water to help to change the lingering smell in the air.

4. Wash all floors, walls and affected areas with 1 part bleach: 99 parts water (10% solution) or a water/vinegar solution.

Try the above options and see if that works.

Let me know,if needed further assistance.

Hope i helped you.

Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!

Posted on Aug 28, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to cook corn in microwave


Depends on your microwave and the popcorn. Your owner's manual will have instructions. The first couple times, it will probably be by trial and error.

BTW--the best way to get rid of stinky burned popcorn smell from a microwave is to microwave a small amount (1/4 cup) vinegar until boiling and let it set in the microwave for a while.

...

Apr 24, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Burned microwave smell how do you get ridd of the food smell


The best suggestion I have is to boil water for a half an hour. Be sure not to let the bowl of water run empty. Also, be sure to wipe the condensation out of the oven cavity after this procedure. Generally, though, continued regular use of the oven is what works best for this situation. It just takes time to get the burn smell out.... Good luck!

Nov 19, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I left a pot of water boiling, causing lots of condensation on the microwave. Unfortnately, another house mate then tried using the R-1470 when smoke started coming out of it. Smells like electronics...


It sounds like the magnetron may have either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high voltage required to run it.

YOUR SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT

This is a job for a professional but if you are safety clued up, here's instruction.
Make sure the !!!!any capacitors are discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 or moving coil meter on high resistance range for short circuit, (DVM's won't show the fault!), the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.

Mar 01, 2011 | Sharp R-1470 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burning smell microwave


The burning smell is most likely the rectifier burning. Look for a rectanguler black thing connecting from one lead of the capacitor to ground.

Jul 13, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Our Sharp microwave oven turns on, makes a loud humming noise, starts to smell like something is burning, but doesn't heat. Well, actually, we don't think it heats, we're too scared to let it run because...


Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} This can be caused by grease etc. inside the oven and on the wave guide which is the paper like thing in the oven. If you can remove it look for burnt areas which may can be scraped off or you may need to replace it. An appliance parts store usually has the material you can cut to fit you own.

Dec 10, 2009 | Sharp R-530ES Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE Microwave JVM1190, fan does not turn and fuse is arcing


If your motor runs freely and normally, I would not worry about the charred or burn smell as that will be there for a while. You can however to lessen that smell is to power everthing off and unplug the ac cord and use isopropyl alcohol with a cleaning brush like they use to clean circuit boards and clean the area thoroughly where the hot spot was. In that way in the future if you have a problem in that same area that persists after your initial fix then you can pin point it to the particular spot if it is a component that for instance drive the motor or is part of that circuitry. However, I do not think you will have anymore problems once you change the belt.

Feb 09, 2009 | GE JVM1190 Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Microwave smokes and smells like burning plastic


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
http://www.fixya.com/support/r5508031-microwave_oven_basic_troubleshooting

heatman101

Jan 25, 2009 | Kenmore 64663 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Is the microwave possibly dangerous after it popped & now smells


Hello jeffnlaur,
The sound you heard could be any number of things but I would attempt to verify the basic preformance of the microwave was ok by placing a cup of water in the cooking compartment and switching the micro on for about 2 minutes.. The water should be close to or at a boil after this time ( depending on glass type and power output of oven). Listen for any other irregular sounds while it is running. You may have heard something in the soup pop or some of the electronics within the micro arc but it may not mean it is dangerous. Try the water test first and if it continues to exibit internal noises and burning a burning smell, I would discrad the oven. Table top models are very inexpensive and the cost to diagnose and repair would probably exceed the cost to replace,
In terms of dangerous, there are safety devices to cut off power to the magnetron and other components if warranted. Not sure that helps you but with limited info from your side, diagnostics are 'iffy' at best..
Regards
Rick

Jan 09, 2009 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Burn at bottom of microwave


First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!

Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.

Apr 03, 2008 | Danby DMW1400 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burnt cinnamin bun with waxed paper on top


Boiling water with baking soda then with vinegar seem to be the best tips.

I would do a Google search for "microwave smell" and you'll find a ton of links.

Nov 25, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

18 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75807 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...