Question about Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
My canon i850 was flashing 7 or 8 0range then green. I replaced the print head and the ink. Now only blank pages come out of the printer. it moves and sounds like it's fine - but all blank all the time. including test print. what to do???? thanks
Alarm / Power light flashes orange 7 times consecutively is a Print head error so it sounds like you did the right thing.
I would reseat the printhead along with each one of the ink cartridges. Make sure that you removed the tape from the bottom of each of the ink cartridges and try it again. After installing the new printhead, you should have run a printhead cleaning cycle immediately after installing.
Issue: Certain colors are missing or no ink prints on the paper
Solution: Install / replace the recommended ink tanks correctly i550 / i850
Untitled Document How to install / replace the ink tanks
The ink tanks suitable for the printer are as follows;
Black Ink Tank BCI-3eBK
Cyan Ink Tank BCI-3eC
Magenta Ink Tank BCI-3eM
Yellow Ink Tank BCI-3eY
Note: There are two ink tank label designs.
Operation procedures are shown with label design A.
1. Check that the printer is powered on, and open the front cover. Wait until the print head moves to the center.
2. Remove the empty ink tank by pushing the tab on the ink tank.
Note: When doing this, do not remove the print head. When replacing multiple ink tanks, it is recommended to replace one at a time to avoid inserting them into the wrong slots.
(The image is an example using i850.)
3. Remove the new ink tank from its package. Pull the orange tape in the direction of the arrow to remove it completely, and remove the shrink-wrap film.
Note: Remove the orange tape completely. If the tape remains, printing may not be perfoblank pages coming out of i850 with new printhead - removingtape.jpgspan>
Confirm that the orange tape is completely removed from the ink tank, as shown in image 1. If the tape is similar to the sample in image 2, remove the remainblank pages coming out of i850 with new printhead - orangetape.jpg the tape so that it looks like the sample shown in image 1.
(2): Incorrect (where the arrow indicates)
4. Slowly twist the orange protective cap in the direction blank pages coming out of i850 with new printhead - removecap.jpgw indicates, and remove it. To avoid ink adhering to your fingers, brace the orange protective cap while removing it.
5. Insert the new ink tank to the print blank pages coming out of i850 with new printhead - inkorder.jpging it at a slight angle.
Note: Confirm that the ink tanks are installed in the rightblank pages coming out of i850 with new printhead - krik.jpgccording to the labels on the print head.
6. Press down on the top of the ink tank until a click sound is made.
7. Close the front cover. The next time the printer performs printing, it will automatically start print head cleaning. The power lamp will flash while cleaning is performed. Until cleaning completes, do not perform other operations.
Posted on May 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2010 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 21, 2010 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 16, 2009 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
May 16, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS F80 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 26, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS F80 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 13, 2009 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
May 28, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Nov 07, 2007 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 23, 2007 | Canon i80 InkJet Printer
Apr 17, 2007 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
438 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!