A week or so ago my printer was printing out some info 4 me but n tha middle of tha session it stopped said printer jam and when i cleared it the ink color on tha paper was black to pink and when the printer was off it was trying to print the info
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I suggest you get a sheet of Card Stock (Heavy
paper) and place it in the feed way. Then press the print
button applying a slight amount of pressure on the Card Stock so it
will feed through the printer. The reason for this is in some cases I
have been able to clear the paper track of debris that was deposited there
Worth a try, as I have fixed a number of printers this
way, saving costly repairs.
Hope this helps.Bud
The screeching sound is caused when the print head reaches the end of its travel and hits the paper jam which you cannot see using the suggested jam-clearing steps. So
1. unplug the printer
2. lift the cover so the blue support on the left holds the cover up
3. plug in the printer, watch the printer head move
4. after it stops, gently move the printer head toward the middle and look at the far ends of travel. you should find the cause(s) of the jam up against the sides of the printer. remove with needle-nose pliers.
5. replace cover, plug in the machine. it will go through a cleaning or 2, but it should be ready to go after that