Question about Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Need to know how to reset my router to factory defaults.
The router's admin page is http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 and the default password should be either "admin" or "password" without quotes. There should be a choice under "Setup" called "Factory Reset". That will erase the settings and reset it like new.
Alternatively, you can follow the procedure as given below on all the brands I've tried (Belkin, D-Link, Linksys)
1. hold the reset button for 30 seconds (don't release)
2. unplug the power (still holding reset) for 10 seconds
3. plug power back in (still holding reset)
4. hold reset for another 30 seconds - the lights will usually begin flashing in some odd pattern
5. release the reset button
6. wait 1 full minute or until the lights stop flashing
7. unplug the power for 10 seconds, just to do a reboot
8. verify the settings (e.g. SSID) are back to the defaults
Feel free to get instant online Linksys wireless router support at http://www.vtechsquad.com/linksys-router-support/ to fix Linksys router/wireless router issues.
Posted on Oct 23, 2012
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2016 | Computers & Internet
Mar 18, 2013 | NetGear Computers & Internet
Jul 26, 2012 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Mar 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 26, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 29, 2011 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Nov 27, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 22, 2009 | D-Link DVG-G1402S Wireless Router...
Feb 16, 2006 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme Super-G DI-624...
Feb 16, 2006 | D-Link Express EtherNetwork DI-604 Router
316 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: