I have a chefmate nutritional scale that was working fine,then all of a sudden the screen started saying out2. replaced batteries but nothing so far.
It is not OUT2, but rather OUE2, which means your chefmate needs to re calibrate. To do that you will need the following:
a 2000 grams weight or 4.4 lbs, I used a 3lbs protein jug unopenened and a 600 grams glutamine bottle unopened.
Ok so turn your scale off then:
1) press the ON button and leave it press while simultaneously pressing once the TARE button (though it may need more than one or maybe leaving it press for a few secs thought try just hitting it once first), release the TARE and you should see a CAL on the screen (top left), release the ON and it will read:
2) the number 00000 on the first line will appear, click TARE
-this calibrates no weight first-
3) then it will read you another weight mine read 2000 grams, put that weight on top of the scale (NOTE every scale uses a different weight to calibrate i am giving you mine) once you put it there hit tare and it should read PASS
4) Remove the weight and it should read "0", mine read first 1 grm so i had to re do it again until i got 0.
5) You can try weighting different unopened things that you know the weight of, but if not just turn it OFF then back ON and it should read "0"
Congratulations your scale is now calibrated and ready to use again!!!!
NOTES: i have the electric scale if the on tare button does not works for you it may need a different combination to calibrate.
Sep 08, 2009 |
Health & Beauty