Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Thanks for using FixYa. F 50 flashes when the motor rotor position sensor (RPS) senses no rotation (Motor Stalled). Does basket turn freely? If not, make sure bottom shipping pack has been removed. Remove the basket and look for foreign object. If basket turns freely, then perform the below mentioned diagnostic test--
Motor Circuit TEST
This test checks the wiring to the motor and rotor position sensor; and the motor and rotor position sensor themselves. NOTE: Drain water from tub.
1. See Activation of Manual Diagnostic Test Mode, and check the motor and electrical connections by performing the Agitate and Spin tests under Manual: Motor. The following step assumes that this step failed.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check to see if basket will turn freely. If basket turns freely, go to step 4. If basket does not turn freely, determine what is causing the mechanical friction or lock up.
4. Remove the console to access the machine/ motor control assembly.
5. Visually check that the P5 and P10 connectors are inserted all the way into the machine/motor control. If visual checks pass, go to step 6. If visual checks fail, reconnect P5 and P10 and repeat step 1.
6. With an ohmmeter, check for 16 ohms resistance at the P5 connector between pins P5-1 and P5-2, and also between pins P5-1 and P5-3. Also measure the resistance at the P10 connector between pins P10-1 and P10-7 and verify that the resistance is within the range shown in the wiring diagram on page 7-1. If the resistance is correct, go to step 11. If the P5 connector resistance is much higher than 16 ohms, or the P10 connector resistance is out of range, go to step 7.
7. Tilt machine forward to access the bottom of the machine and the drive motor area. Remove the motor bolt, then the motor cover to access the motor connections.
8. Visually check the mounting bracket and electrical connections to the motor and rotor position sensor board. If visual check passes, go to step 9. If visual check fails, reconnect the electrical connections, reassemble stator and motor cover and repeat step 1.
9. With an ohmmeter, check for continuity between all pins on the P10 machine/motor control connector and the motor rotor position sensor (RPS) connector. If there is continuity, go to step 11. If there is no continuity, replace the lower machine harness.
10. With an ohmmeter, check for continuity between all pins on the P5 machine/motor control connector and the drive motor connector. If there is continuity, replace the drive motor. If there is no continuity, replace the lower machine harness.
11. The drive motor and lower harness are good. Replace the motor RPS board and perform the Diagnostics test in step 1 to verify repair.
12. If the Diagnostics motor test in step 1 failed, then the machine/motor control has failed: Unplug the washer or disconnect power. Replace the machine/motor control assembly. Perform the Motor Diagnostics in step 1 to verify repair.
Please do rate the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Aug 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jun 07, 2011 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Dec 27, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Apr 28, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Feb 08, 2010 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Jan 17, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Mar 25, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Jun 21, 2008 | Washing Machines
Nov 16, 2017 | Kenmore Washing Machines
149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: