Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a convection microwave oven, I recently purchase. the stainless inside has some splatter burned. How do I remove it.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 9,098 Answers

Just so I understand, you have some food slatter that has carbonized and sort of baked on?

If that's not correct, please reply back with more details.

If so, you can find several cleaning tips here.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on May 10, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Smokes when using convection oven

There is no mention of this in the user manual. You could just allow it to burn off the residue, if you can stand it (that's how self cleaning ovens do it). Or, perhaps you could get the entire model number and go to to see if they have any information. They generally have complete exploded view diagrams of parts that will show you how it is assembled. I hope this is helpful.

Jan 16, 2014 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Can i use aluminium foil in convection mode in microwave

It is best to not use aluminum foil in a Microwave since microwaves cant go through it, so It will not heat properly. If you are using it only on Convection It is just fine, it is like using a regular over then. Same kind of issue though if you are using convection, that is to bathe the meat evenly in circulated air. If you cover it in aluminum you lose a little effectiveness of the convection on the food your cooking. If it is to stop splatter just make a small tent over it and maybe tooth pick it down. Letting the air flow get under it but not splatter the entire inside.

Aug 24, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sparks are coming from behind the little revovable plate inside the oven.

these covers are made of a mica material; and tend to get grease-soaked from food splatter. this is where the microwaves pass through. if cover is burned, you will need to replace and clean greasy mess underneath. hopefully, the magnetron is not damaged.

Aug 06, 2011 | Jenn-Air JMC9158AA Convection Microwave...

1 Answer

I have a GE Profile convection/microwave oven, Model No JVM1790 BKC01. One of the plastic clips that holds the oven rack in place caught fire. Location of clip is top front right hand corner next to the...

Most rack support problems I have seen are from food splatter or grease getting around the support and even seeping behind it. Once it starts burining it must be replaced. It is really important to keep the area around them clean and dry and free from food splatter. A Microwave cannot tell what is on a plate or on the wall or rack support, and every food particle cooks each time the unit is run, until it turns to a carbon deposit and starts to attract the microwave energy and starts to ARC to that point.
Then it burns up the part it is arcing to. Have to replace support and scrub the area and inside of the cavity perfectly clean.

Oct 25, 2017 | GE JVM1790 Convection / Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE PEB1590 microwave oven. Interior light burned

Remove the screws from around the rear of the oven and slide the cabnet off to the rear. You should be able to access the bulb from here.
WARNING: any time you work on a microwave you have to be careful of the capacitor. Unpluge the microwave and discharge the capacitor with a large screwdriver with a plastic handle.
Be careful.

Dec 31, 2009 | General Electric PEB1590SMSS Stainless...

1 Answer

Lightbulb burned out for microwave model # KHMS 1850SSS-0 Kitchen Aid Where can I purchase a replacement? Thank you, Carrie

Most home improvement stores and even some Walmarts/Chain grocery stores/Ace Hardware carry replacements. You will need to remove the cover from the microwave oven on most models unless your bulb is inside a protective cover inside the actual oven. Take the bulb with you when you go to make certain of a proper match. Be certain to unplug the oven if you need to remove the cover in any case.

Oct 13, 2009 | KitchenAid KBMC140HSS Convection/Microwave...

1 Answer

Sparks in microwave/convection oven

Remove the plate and clean it with warm water

Jun 22, 2009 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Removed splatter shield

The parts can be ordered from the Panasonic authorized parts rep. You have to contact Panasonic for details.

I strongly recommend to have any work on a microwave oven done professionaly. There are radiation leakage issues if the door is not re-assembled properly. After doing any service the microwave oven must be tested for radiation leaks. I doubt that you have the radiation testing equipment to make sure that there are no leaks.

From US Food and Drug Administration (Microwave Oven Safety)

Excellent Wikipedia Article About Microwave Ovens

Jerry G.

Jul 26, 2008 | Panasonic NN-S753 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Amama 2.0 Cu ft. Radarange Microwave model# UXA3036BAB

This model does not list Stainless Steel as a feature. Stainless Steel is used in the interior (CAVITY) of a Microwave if it is a Combination Convection/Microwave Oven. The Convection Oven can reach temperatures of 400+ degreesF. This Temperature would MELT the paint off a painted interior.
Stainless Steel can be tested with a Magnet. It will not be attracted or "Stick" to Stainless.
Hope this answers your concerns!

Feb 05, 2008 | Amana ACM2160A Microwave Oven

1 Answer

XL1800 Microwave Problem

A LOUD ticking sound could very well be a High Voltage Arc. This is usually caused by a breakdown of insulation on High Voltage Wires, or components. It can also be arcing between the door frame and the cavity. Usually where the bottom of the cavity floor meets the door frame. Indication of this will be small areas on the door where it looks like the paint has been chipped off, but if you look close you will see it is small burned marks. Another area is the Splatter Shield located inside and at the top. It looks like a Plastic Cover. It is not plastic, but a fiber material. Grease, and food will get trapped on and under this Splatter Shield. Over a period of time the grease and food particles will break down from being cooked over and over again. They will then form Carbon. Which will Arc when Microwaves are present. Remove Push-Pins holding Splatter Shield. Clean by washing with dish detergent . If burned (arc) spots are still present after washing, replace Splatter Shield or arcing will continue. Once Carbon has burned through, it will continue to burn.

Jan 21, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

26 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

78010 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides