Re: GE Spacemaker - microwave works but the inside plate...
You have a bad turntable motor or a bad control board.. start with the motor 9 time out of 10 this is your problem.. you can pick up this part at your local parts house or order online.. look for universal part. this will be alot cheaper then the oem.. just take the screws out of bottom panel under microwave. panel will drop down. you will see little round motor about 2in' make sure unit is unplugged.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
yes, at the back of the microwave there are 4 or 6 screws, take them out and then pull the cover follow the cable( the one you connect to the outlet) going to the inside of the microwave inside you will see the fuse change it with the same size, it is a slow burn fuse
More than likely the magnetron has failed. This could be for a number of reason. Do you use your microwave to heat wheat packs or warm plates? If so, you may have dried the magnetron out (they use the moisture in whatever you're cooking to heat it, and plates/wheat bags have no moisture).
I'd say a trip to your local Microwave repairer could be in order. It could also be the High Voltage Fuse which has failed. Either way a repairer will be able to tell you!
You either have a bad magnetron tube (5 or 10 year parts warranty item through GE Factory Service 1-800-432-2737 or www.geappliances.com) or a shorted high voltage rectifier. I think the light being out is a secondary problem.
I had same problem last week. My GE JVM1650 Spacemaker stopped after a few seconds of heating. Owned 16 months, manufactured Jan 2005. It was the magnetron, which was replaced yesterday. The magnetron has a 10-year warranty, but I had to pay $161.00 for labor by a GE technician. The call-out fee was waived at my request. I don't know what that amount would have been, but I can't believe the $161.00 for what was about 1/2 hour labor once diagnosed. Good Luck!