Question about Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Well the error E1 message indicates that the thermistor is defective and needs to be replaced.
Try unplugging the unit for a few minutes got rid of the error, but lately the temperature just hasn't been hot enough so the clothes don't dry. You must need to replace the thermistor for full working of your dryer. you may please follow the below steps to know how to change the thermistor -
1. Locate the thermistor on the top right hand side of your dryer. This will be a small platelet with a chip and wires coming out of it. Use your screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the thermistor on the unit.
2. Unplug the wires from the thermistor.
3. Plug the wires into your new thermistor. Replace the thermistor on the dryer and the screws holding it in place.
4. Replace the back panel of the dryer and plug your dryer back into the wall outlet.
5. Push your dryer back up against the wall and turn it on again.
Thanks for using FixYa!!
Posted on Aug 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2014 | Dryers
Jul 19, 2011 | Dryers
Oct 25, 2010 | Kenmore HE5
Aug 28, 2010 | Kenmore Dryers
Jul 16, 2009 | Whirlpool Dryers
Dec 18, 2008 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Aug 05, 2008 | Dryers
Dec 09, 2007 | Whirlpool GEW9250 Electric Dryer
Nov 10, 2007 | Whirlpool GEW9250 Electric Dryer
Jul 30, 2015 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: