Question about DeLonghi Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Empty the tank and pour in the contents of one bottle (125 ml) of DURGOL
descaler plus one liter of water. For subsequent descaling operations,
descaling solution can be purchased from authorized technical
Note: Make sure splashes of descaler do not fall onto surfaces sensitive
to acid such as marble, limestone and granite.
• place a container with a minimum capacity of 34 oz. under the
cappuccino frother (Fig. 3);
• turn the machine on by pressing the button (Fig. 4).
• wait for the green and indicator lights to come on steady.
• press and hold the button for at least 5 seconds (Fig.14). The
decalcification warning light will illuminate (section 11 - point 8) to
indicated the start of the descaling program (the and lights
remain off to indicate that it is not possible to make coffee).
• turn the steam knob half a turn counter-clockwise (Fig.5). The
descaling solution will come out of the cappuccino frother and
start to fill the container underneath.
• the descaling program automatically performs a series of deliveries
and pauses, so as to remove the lime scale deposits from
inside the coffee maker.
• after around 30 minutes, when the light comes on (section 12 -
point 1), turn the steam knob half a turn clockwise (Fig.6) until it
The machine must be rinsed so as to eliminate the residues of descaling
solution from inside the machine. Proceed as follows:
• remove the water tank, rinse it and fill it with clean water.
• reposition the tank.
• empty the collection container (located under the milk frother) that is
full of liquid, and then replace it under the milk frother.
• turn the steam knob half a turn counter-clockwise (Fig. 5). Hot water
will come out of the milk frother and fill the container underneath.
• when the tank is empty, the l ight goes off and the light
comes on (section 12 - point 1).
• turn the steam knob all the way clockwise (Fig. 6) and fill the water
tank with clean water again.
• the program of descaling is now terminated and the machine is
ready to make coffee again.
NOTE: if the descaling procedure is interrupted before completion,
the alarm (section 12 - point 5) is not deactivated and the procedure
must be started again form the beginning.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Aug 28, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
If you can get steam/water from your steam spout.
Fill your tank and add descale solution.
Descale according to the instruction for the unit.
After descale and rise are complete refill your water tank.
Your system should now work as normal.
Note: If you do not have a descale solution, run the above with just water. Remember to descale when you obtain a descale solution.
Jun 30, 2015 | DeLonghi EAM4000 Espresso Machine
Mar 30, 2014 | Philips Senseo HD-7810 Coffee Maker
Jul 23, 2012 | DeLonghi Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Jun 07, 2011 | Saeco Royal Cappuccino Espresso Machine
Jan 17, 2011 | Miele Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Feb 04, 2010 | Braun Tassimo Espresso Machine/Coffee...
Aug 01, 2009 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert