Question about Western Digital 500GB My Book World Edition 500 GB Hard Drive
1) Go to support.wdc.com
2) Click Downloads
3) Select MyBook, then your MyBook model (I selected MyBook Home, as it was appropriate to my hardware)
4) Download and install the WD Drive Manager (Mac)
Note that this software only updates the utilities that control the power button, drive lights, and capacity gauge. If the drive is otherwise not functioning properly, you'll probably need to seek alternate support: the hardware itself functions just fine for me as an external drive without installing any additional software or drivers.
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 26, 2014 | Toshiba Canvio Hard Drives
Sep 03, 2011 | ClickFree HD325 320 GB USB 2.0 Hard Drive
How do I format the external hard drive on a Macintosh computer?
To format the drive for MAC OSX
1. Connect the drive to your computer.
2. Open Disk Utility. (Applications folder > Utilities folder > Disk Utility). Select the hard drive in the left hand column and click on the Erase tab.
3. In the Volume Format drop-down menu, select Mac OS Extended *.
4. Once you have selected the format and have named the drive, click on Erase. You will be presented with a 'Are you Sure' dialog.
5. The drive will format and upon completion will be available for use.
Note: * For the best performance, we recommend using Mac OS Extended format. However, if you will be transferring files between a Windows system and a Macintosh, format the drive as MS-DOS (FAT32) or use a program such as MediFour
Jul 20, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Feb 26, 2011 | Acomdata (HD250UE5-72) (HD250UE572) 250 GB...
Nov 13, 2010 | Freecom 80 GB USB 2.0 Hard Drive
Mar 08, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB...
Feb 12, 2009 | SimpleTech SimpleDrive Portable USB 2.0...
Jan 29, 2009 | Western Digital MY BOOK HOME 1TB EXT...
Feb 13, 2008 | Hard Drives
571 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: