Question about Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
The "F/H" error code can be attributed to a number of things.
If NO water is in the washer:
- Check the inlet hoses for kinks or clogs.
- Check the water inlet valve for clogs and clean the inlet screens.
If there IS water in the washer:
- Verify the Drain Pump turns on.
- Verify the Pressure switch hose is in good condition and is connected properly from the tub to the switch. The hose is an air hose that is attached to the wash tub on the right-hand side (facing in from the front - with the lower panel removed) and runs to the pressure switch (located in the rear of the washer on the right-hand side - facing from the front, with the top panel removed). Make sure the hose is attached at both ends and has no leaks.
- Make sure you don't have a siphon problem. This occurs if you place the drain hose into the standpipe at the wall too far. If the drain hose sits in the standpipe in a manner where there is no air gap (i.e., drain hose sitting in the waste trap, or fits too tight at the top to allow air in the pipe) water will start to siphon out of the machine as it fills. This is a common problem.
- Check the flowmeter to see if it is operating properly. The flowmeter is white cylindrical device located near the inlet valve that senses water flow into the washer and tells the presssure switch to cut off. If the flowmeter fails, the pressure switch does not receive the correct input signal and the washer generates an error code.
In a nutshell, check the easy things, first. I would begin with making sure the inlet hoses are not clogged or kinked and the make sure the drain hose is not causing a siphon issue. Then follow the recommended steps mentioned above.
You can place the washer in diagnostics mode for troubleshooting by selecting DRAIN/SPIN, NO/SPIN and then press any button under OPTIONS 4 times (must be the same button). The washer display will change to "C00" and start a series of tests. For a complete list of error codes and diagnostics procedures, look inside the lower panel under the door. There should be a tech sheet somewhere inside the washer that explains all of this in detail.
If it's not a simple hose issue, I suspect you may have a flowmeter problem, or an air hose leaking to the pressure switch. These are the more common problems I have found associated with this error. I hope this helps you. Post back if you have any further questions.
Posted on May 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2012 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
Error code FH appears when No water is detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip is not detected. If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed. Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display. If there is no water entering the unit then make sure that the inlet valves are working fine. You may need to check the continuity at the inlet valves. If the valves are fine then check whether inlet water hoses as they might be plugged. Also check for inlet water screen at the valve. However, if the water is entering into the washer then the Drain pump might not be working. Also inspect the Pressure Switch hose whether it is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch. Also check hoses for leak and inspect the flow meter. Hope this helps...
Aug 31, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Dec 07, 2009 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3t Front Load Washer
Jun 26, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Dec 15, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Nov 17, 2008 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Nov 11, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Oct 29, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jul 29, 2008 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3t Front Load Washer
Nov 19, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
368 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: