Question about Canon imageRUNNER 5000 Copier
How to clear the error code:
1. Enter Service Mode: Press * Additional Functions, 2&8 simultaneously, then * Additional Functions again.
2. Then select the [COPIER] option. Under [COPIER], select the Function tab.
3. Under the [FUNCTION] tab, select the [CLEAR] option.
4. In [CLEAR] there is a selection E355-CLR. Select it and hit OK.
5. Reboot the machine.
If the error occurs again:
1. Make sure the connection is secure and tight to the Main-Controller board from the connector cable to the Serial Number board below.
2. Reseat the Main-Controller board into its slot.
3. Go into service mode and clear the error code as explained above.
* If the error still continues, you probably have a bad Serial Number board and it needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2015 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 28, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 19, 2011 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
May 20, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER 3300 All-In-One Laser...
Dec 25, 2008 | Canon imageRUNNER 5000 Copier
886 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!