Question about Whirlwind FH-778 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Hello i want to refill my home A/C r407c freon type and i need some guidance. can you help me pls?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,515 Answers

Hi, just to let you know and to be honest to you on this problem, if you are not a certified service tech, and certified through the E.P.A with your card, you can't even buy any type of refrigerant other then what they sell for your auto now the R-134a. You are going to have to have this done for you. R-407 comes only in 30lb. jugs from a/c wholesale only places for certified contractors, and we must show our certification card that we have been through school for safe handling of all freon. This law went into affect in 1992, so I am sorry to give you this news. If you know this is the problem for sure, make some calls to a/c repair companies to see what they will charge you to check this out for you. I wish you the best of luck on this, but this has been the law for a lot of years. The R-134a that you can buy is ozone friendly, so you can buy it but no other kind as there are over 100 different types of freon on the market. Best of luck to you on this.
A/C, Heating & Refrigeration Contractor

Posted on Aug 27, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My refrigerator not cooling.

If you have a leak, R22 or Freon is no longer used and must be replaced with R407C a similar product that doesn't destroy the Earths Ozone layer.
Sealed units are replenished by using a collar with a tapered screw that pierces the pipe, it is then drained and refilled with R407C.
When the 'tap' is inserted, the pressure can be monitored inside the compressor pipes to tell if there is a leak or not.

Feb 28, 2017 | Refrigerators

2 Answers

Cooling - not

Have a heating/air conditioning person check the freon level to see if it needs to be refilled. Most modern day things that cool use freon gas to cool. It could be that it needs to be flushed and refilled, or perhaps you have a leak somewhere and all the freon is leaking out or has leaked out. Trust me one of my uncle's is a heating and cooling technician at a company called WinAir and he has fixed our home cooling systems many times. Those guys have tools, freon, and the right chemicals to see if you have a leak and need more freon.

Apr 06, 2014 | Danby Silhouette® DWC276BLS Wine Cooler

1 Answer

I have a Mini Split Airconditioning Unit and I found a leak at the flaring where my Suction Line comes the Condenser. How can I fix the flare. Must I isolate freon first somewhere in the system so as to be...

There is seldom a means by which the refrigerant can be isolated in this type of system. Moveover, since the system has had a leak, the refrigerant in the system is no longer usable. It is made of HFC-125, HFC-32 and HFC-134a in specific proportions. When a leak occurs, these components will leak at separate rates and the remaining refrigerant (if any is left) is no longer capable of doing the work of a virgin refrigerant.

Refrigeration flare fittings are 45° and are made with special tools. While there are 'washers' that can be inserted into the fitting when it's exposed, they are not that effective all the time. Remember that the pressure at the condenser part of the system can well exceed 300 psig.

The refrigerant, Genetron 407C, is the replacement for HFC-22. It has no 'replacement' per se.

It's my opinion that this is an issue for a reputable HVAC technician, and not a homeowner. To do the job properly, you would need a new filter/drier, flaring tool and torch if the line is not long enough for it to be re-flared and reconnected, vacuum pump and virgin refrigerant. I would bet that the location of the leak is such that the system is all but flat at this time, and you need a precisely measured amount of refrigerant to re-charge the system.

If you've not yet done so, TURN THE SYSTEM OFF to protect the compressor from damage.

Jun 28, 2011 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

My 6 yrs. old window ac is not cooling well after service some body says there is a problem with capacter or some says there will be gas leakage pls. advice

If its not cooling good you may have lost some freon due to a leak.You will need to have the unit leaked checked and refilled.

If you do not feel or hear the fans running then you may have a bad fan motor,which will need to be replaced.

May 06, 2011 | LG Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Hello! I need to charge my home A/C.The label right that need r407c freon type. Can i use r507 freon insteed of r407c? I am asking that because i already have a gase with r507 gas. Thank you very...

No.... they are totally different gases and if you mix them you are really in trouble.... only use the specified gas and NEVER mix gases!!


Aug 27, 2010 | Whirlwind FH-778 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Hello, need some help on finding out what type of freon to buy for my a/c. it not cool that much can you help?

if its a car its 134a, if it is a central air for a home you will have to look at the data plate, most not all are R-22. The newer units are different. Good Luck Tim

Aug 26, 2010 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

How to add Freon R407C to a ductless air conditioning unit

If you are not trained to at least charge a unit U will in the end do more harm than good get the proper service. what makes U think U need freon could just be dirty? Tom

Jul 10, 2009 | Heating & Cooling

4 Answers

Fair price to fix central air conditioner leak & refill with freon

I have heard that there is a spray you can use that will not damage your system and seals the leak when it comes in contact with oxygen

Apr 18, 2008 | Heating & Cooling

Not finding what you are looking for?
Heating & Cooling Logo

Related Topics:

223 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlwind Heating & Cooling Experts


Level 2 Expert

382 Answers

Dennis Boxerman

Level 3 Expert

1144 Answers

Bill Long

Level 3 Expert

587 Answers

Are you a Whirlwind Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides