Yesterday when I turned off the Playstation 2 console I was shocked (like when you walk across the room and shock someone) when I touched the power button. This morning the unit will not turn on. The redlight is still on but nothing happens when I try to turn it on. I it possible that when I was shocked smething got "fried"?
Thanks in advance for your help!
It is possible, unfortunately. I would unplug it completely, for a while, and then try again. And then try to get one for free on your local freecycle or craigslist, as it is probably out of warrantee (but check and make sure, if it is in warranteee, sony should replace it).
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is a common occurrence as we enter the dry season. Static electricity will build up as you walk/run on your machine. There are many factors which make the problem more or less evident - the type of walking belt and deck, design of the treadmill, type of walking shoes, etc.
Some treadmills have a grounding wire from the console to the frame of the treadmill as well as a grounding wire from the rear roller to the frame of the treadmill. Check to see if these are in place, or have a qualified technician check this.
One common solution is simply to add a humidifier to the room where the treadmill is located. Raising the humidity will greatly reduce the static shock problem
If your playstation shocked you then please immediately unplug it and have it looked at by a qualified service technician or simply replace it. When an electronic device malfunctions to the point its discharging electricity it becomes not only a shock hazard (which can be quite unhealthy) it also becomes a fire hazard which can present a danger to you and your family.
i dont know that much about playstation but shock on a small system like that can fry it but if you unplug everything from the system for a day and plug it back in to try it this might work. Or you can get him a PS3 for christmas if you get the first version of the PS3 it can play PS2 games so you dont waste his games.
When you experienced that shock you may have inadvertenly sent an electro static discharge to the circuitry inside the ps2 which would cause it to stop working.
If it is fairly new return it to the store you purchased it let them know whar happened and usually they will exchange the item for you.
You have few options. If you know how to take the PS2 apart there should be a small fuse on the computer board you can change. If you fell at all uncomfortable about doing the first spend the money to get it fixed, ther should be a list of repair center @ http://www.us.playstation.com/ . Lastly purchase a new one at Best Buy or Curcuit City and get the warrenty.