Question about Apple iPod classic MP3 Player
Resolution to restore iPod with Circle with red X in it.
Restore iPod from Disk Mode
1. Disconnect iPod from your computer.
2. Manually put iPod into Disk Mode as explained in support document 93651.
3. Open the latest version of iTunes and connect iPod.
4. Restore iPod as explained in support document 60983.
How to restore iPod
1. Ensure that you have an active Internet connection as new versions of iTunes and iPod Software may need to be downloaded to your computer.
2. Download and install the latest version of iTunes if you do not already have it installed.
3. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer using the USB or FireWire cable that came with your iPod.
4. After a few moments, your iPod will appear in the Source panel in iTunes.
5. Select your iPod in the Source panel and you will see information about your iPod appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes windows.
6. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:
8. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will present one of two messages on screen with instructions specific to the iPod model you are restoring.
10. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.
Posted on Aug 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 16, 2014 | Apple Ipod Classic 6th Gen 120 Gb 120gb
Mar 18, 2013 | Televison & Video
Aug 29, 2012 | Televison & Video
Feb 05, 2011 | Televison & Video
Feb 24, 2010 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jul 25, 2009 | Apple Computers & Internet
Nov 30, 2008 | Insignia NS-DV2G MP3 Player
Oct 20, 2007 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
May 29, 2016 | Apple iPod classic MP3 Player
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: