Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Was about to install windows xp it was stated there that boot from cd is failure.but i already insert a cd.and it was stated there that HDD compatibility is disabled.what does it mean?
Here are some tips:
please open your BIOS setting for boot sequence and make sure your CD drive is indicated as a boot
BIOS must be set to boot from CD before hard drive.
That is, the CD drive should the be in the 1st boot sequence followed by the hard drive (2nd boot device). Then,try to follow the follwing steps:
1.Formatting an XP System Disk by booting from the XP CD is accomplished by loading the Recovery Console by typing R at the first window.
2. After selecting the Windows installation you want to access and typing in the Admin password [leave blank if no password was created] you will see a command prompt.
3. Type Map and press ENTER
4. Note the letter designation of the drive you want to format. [write it down]
5. type format x: /fs:fat32 then press ENTER, where x is the drive letter you want to format. Substitute NTFS or FAT if desired.
6. Type Y to confirm your selection and then type exit and press ENTER to restart computer.
7. To view other format commands, type format /? and press ENTER at the RC command prompt.
Posted on May 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 31, 2010 | Compaq Presario C700T Notebook
Oct 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 11, 2009 | Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008 for PC
Oct 20, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 14, 2007 | Intel Motherboard
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: