Question about Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I would move the printer to another computer. See if the problem follows. I have seen the issue a few times with issues in normal.dot but also in other office applications.
Problem I'm fighting with on my 1720 is its printing extra pages between pages. basically print a 5 page document and get an 8/9 page final with the extra blank pages. Think its a user error but could be machine related. going to try it on another PC and see what happens.
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
I finally figured it out (with Dell Tech Support's help)! When you replace the drum, you MUST reset the counter as well. All you have to do is:
1) Turn off the power using the switch on the back of the printer. Open the front door of the printer.
2) Hold Continue button down, power on the printer, and continue to holding Continue down until the LEDs begin to flash. When the LEDs start to flash, release Continue button. The LEDs will continue flashing until only Error LED will be lit.
3) Close the front door. Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low and Load Paper LEDs should be lit.
4) Wait till the printer completes the POST process. POST is complete when fan noise and rollers stops. After POST wait for 5 seconds
5) Press Cancel button 4 times slowly until the Toner Low LED is lit. This is the procedure resetting the counter.
6) Press and hold Continue until all LEDs begin to cycle in sequence, then release Continue. Now only the Toner Low LED will be lit.
7) Cycle the power of the printer (turn it off and then back on).
GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!!!
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
SOURCE: dell 1720 dn broken output flag
You can find a junk 1720(dn doesn't matter) and replace the top cover assy. yourself, or you can replace the printer(usually cheaper). Sorry, this is usually terminal for these printers.
Posted on Aug 22, 2009
1. Turn off the printer
2. Open the front cover.
3. While the Continue and Cancel buttons are depressed, turn the printer on.
4. When the error LED on the control panel is lit solid, close the cover.
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
SOURCE: how do I change the
Ok the following instructions will help you reset the ip address of your printer however you must use the origina driver cd to do this. Follow the instructions below if you have no print server involved with this network. If you do use a print server let me know ok?
Print and Check the Network Setup Page
If the printer is active on the network, you will receive a reply.
Posted on Aug 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2014 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
1. On the control panel, press the Menu button, then press the OK button to select
2. Select Info Pages, then press the OK button.
3. Select the appropriate information page, then press the OK button to print.
Print the "Menu Map" to see other information pages available for printing.
Hope this helps
Nov 10, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 3500/DN Laser Printer
Aug 09, 2010 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
May 06, 2010 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Jul 28, 2009 | Dell 1710n Laser Printer
Jun 29, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Mar 03, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Oct 30, 2008 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
May 28, 2008 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
3,960 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!