Question about Cell Phones

1 Answer

My son gave me a Motorola D802 set which was fitted with the British square pin power plugs. Without thinking, and in my desire to reduce both weight and space in my air baggage, I snipped off these plugs and dumped them. Now I find that in doing so I inadvertently got rid of the power transformers. Can somebody suggest a solution - specifically what voltage is required for the recharge sockets and the base unit. Thank you in anticipation.

Posted by on

  • rstobbs Aug 27, 2010

    Many thanks for your response. Are you sure your comments apply to the Motorola D802 wireless telephone - it isn't a cellular 'phone! The cables in question have an RJ-11 type telephone jack on their 'component's ends.


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Cell Phones Master
  • 17,129 Answers

It is important to get an adapter with the motorola power in socket to the phone--- I hope you ahve not plugged the wires to mains----
The three pin you have cut off are the ones with the step down transformer. these are the most sturdy ones as the tranformers will withstand power surrges better than the electronic versions.
The one you need to buy is the travel type charger with the electronic board, which is lighter and can work with any volatge from 110-240. This is the universal type but is also delicate as it fails easily in power surges.
But I recommend you can buy one of these travel chargers from any mobile store to suit the motorola socket.
The voltage is around 6 volts DC but it is better/cheaper to buy an adapter with the sealed pin than to buy another adapter to fix the snipped pins.
You can take the phone along to buy , the cost will be around $ 5-10 , choose from replacement types which are much cheaper.
Hope this advice helps.

Posted on Aug 27, 2010

  • Donald DCruz
    Donald DCruz Aug 27, 2010

    Yes you can still get the adaptor with the correct current rating than to buy one and connect with the polarity. Actually I was mistaken by the charger but even in this case I advice to buy the sealed type transformer type that has the correct jack /polarity as specified. The voltage in this case must be 12 V .DC/750mA


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


Cell Phones Logo

Related Topics:

28 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cell Phones Experts

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers


Level 3 Expert

75797 Answers

William Alequin

Level 3 Expert

928 Answers

Are you a Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides