Question about Craftsman Garden
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There is two sizes of line. I see the large one goes to the large port on the primer button and then to the fuel tank. The small one goes from the primer button to the carb. The problem is there are two hose connections on the carb. I believe one is a vent, but I am not sure what one it is. I have a 36cc 2-cycle model 358.352161
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
SOURCE: Craftsman gas chainsaw 18
Recoil Spring Rewind
I invert and secure the housing and rewind the spring large coil to small (need eye protection, both hands and no women around work area!). I'm right handed so I tension the spring enough to insert it inside the previous coil while holding what has already been installed with my left about 180° from my right hand. The tension will hold the spring in the housing once completely inserted. Then bend slightly the inner most part to engage the starter spool. It will require about 2 turns of pretension for it to retract properly.
If you're lucky you can pull the cord out enough for a pretension then slightly raise and add the withdrawn cord to the spool. HTH
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
Fuel Line Replacement by SmallEng.com
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
Testimonial: "Hi Lou. I did have it backwards. I will change it to what you have and hope it works. Thanks, MIKE"
We are prohibited from contacting you directly.
Oil System Plugged:
1. Remove the clutch cover, bar, and chain, clean the bar groove, any holes and passages on the rear of the bar (both sides, consider rotating the bar), if equipped with a sprocket nose ensure it rotates easily at least one complete revolution.
• Clean the saw oiler hole and channel. Insert a blunted, hooked piece of wire through the oil filler hole and pull the hose in the oil tank out.
• Pay attention to the screen or filter on the free end (clean or replace, difficult to determine serviceability).
• Start the saw and see if it oils when revved up (oozes down side of saw).
• If yes reassemble your saw. If no, continue with 2.
2. Work your way through the linkage (use IPL to identify components and locations) cleaning and replacing any defective parts as you go.
• Carefully check the hoses for cracks especially at bends and connections.
• If equipped with an oil pump it is usually behind the clutch (clutch is a left handed thread).
• Please make extensive notes & some digital pictures will help during reassembly.
3. If it does not oil on completion of 1 it is most likely a bad oiler or worm gear (see IPL for the location).
The IPL (exploded parts list) for your saw is the only detail for the oil system, it is sketchy at best. Oiler components and part numbers are listed but may be on different illustrations. They are also beneficial with disassembly/reassembly:
It appears to have an outboard clutch, this will be helpful;
R² Drive Link Outboard Clutch by Drivelink.blogspot.com
If you have more questions or need additional help please reply below and I will get back to you. HTH & Good Luck.
Thank You for using FixYa.
Posted on May 11, 2010
I also think you might have something clogging the gas lines and that is causing your problem. You could go to a local harware store and ask them to check out the gas lines or you could take it apart youself and see if anything is wrong
Posted on Nov 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2015 | Craftsman 27cc 2 Cycle Crank Straight...
Jan 18, 2012 | Garden
Aug 07, 2011 | Craftsman 27cc 2Cycle Full Crank Curved...
Nov 05, 2010 | Craftsman Garden
May 31, 2010 | Craftsman 29cc 4Cycle Straight Shaft...
May 13, 2010 | Craftsman 25cc Gas Line Trimmer
Feb 24, 2010 | Craftsman 25cc Gas Line Trimmer
May 17, 2009 | Craftsman 25cc Gas Line Trimmer
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: