Question about Garden
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The Stihl website has the manuals available for free. You can copy the link I've provided for you and download or print out a copy for your use.
I recommend creating a computer file folder to put all the electronic copies of user manuals, etc. in, to make it easier to find, should you need another copy in the future. I've done this with all my home appliances, tools, and lawn equipment. It comes in handy as these items get old since the manuals might not always be available online in the future.
If you need further assistance with getting replacement/repair parts for your Stihl cut off saw, just fill out their customer service form and they'll be back in touch pretty quickly!
Hope you find this information Very Helpful and best regards!
Posted on Oct 22, 2009
You need a piston stop, watch part of this to explain use:
Make one with starter cord or rope:
I suggest a length of starter cord or nylon rope be used instead of the piston stop (retain 6" ± so you can remove it). Make sure the piston is near the top of the cylinder before feeding the cord or it can fall through the exhaust port and damage the piston as it rises. HTH
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks for your help, I got the clutch assembly off with the rope as a cylinder stop. But the flywheel is going to require a puller i think."
1) remove the recoil housing
**NOTE: normally you DO NOT need to remove the rotor pulley or spring to replace the rope. This is the area that causes so many guys a lot of extra trouble
2) locate the string that is left and the hole it is threaded thru
3) determine how much string has broken off of the rope that came out
Note: if more than 1 inch is left, then the rope needs to be replaced
4) after rope is obtained, make sure both ends are melted to a point for easier threading thru handle and rope rotor
5) install the rope (with the handle installed on one end) thru the recoil housing and towards the rope rotor.
6) with the rotor free of tension, route the rope from the groove toward center and up thru the hole. Tie a knot in the end of the rope, leaving a 3/8" tail free.
7) wind the rotor in the direction of what the rope would pull (this will tighten the spring) until the spring is completely wound. remove 1/2 to 1 revolution, and then allow rope to wind onto the rotor until all rope is wound.
8) Pull the rope several times to position rope properly into rotor.
*note : there should be NO droop in the handle after released
If droop is evident, wind the rotor and rope 1 revolution tighter so there is no droop of handle when released
9) when unit is functioning proplerly, re-install housing onto unit
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 13, 2012 | Stihl Ts400 Top Cover Trigger
Dec 06, 2011 | Stihl Concrete Cutoff Chop Saw Clutch...
Jul 14, 2011 | Stihl Concrete Cutoff Chop Saw Clutch...
Jan 12, 2011 | Stihl Concrete Cutoff Chop Saw Clutch...
Aug 31, 2010 | Stihl Ts400 Cut Off Saw Carb Carburetor...
Aug 26, 2010 | Stihl Concrete Cutoff Chop Saw Clutch...
Aug 22, 2010 | Stihl Concrete Cutoff Chop Saw Clutch...
Jul 19, 2010 | Stihl Concrete Cutoff Chop Saw Clutch...
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!