Question about Apple MacBook Pro Notebook
Thanks for contacting Fixya Support.
With the Macbook Pro 13" having a Superdrive or Combo optical drive, you are dealing with a slot-loaded drive. As a result, if you have a disc that is loaded into your optical drive, which will not eject, then there isn't a manual way to remove the disc without causing damage to either the optical drive or the disc itself.
In most cases, of a potentially stuck disc in a Apple notebook's optical drive, a visit to your local Apple Retail Store Genius Bar or local Apple-authorized service center would be highly recommended.
With that noted however, here are some troubleshooting steps to try from the Mac OS X side first before having to take that step and visit an Apple service provider:
- CD DVD EJECT -
- - Reboot your Macbook Pro 13"
- - Hold down your Media Eject key on your keyboard pad prior to the Apple Chime starting.
- - Keep holding the Media Eject key down while your Macbook Pro 13" boots up
- - The disc should eject before you reach your Desktop
- - When it does, simply release your Media Eject key.
If that does not work, try this:
-EJECTING DISC USING TERMINAL-
From your Desktop:
* Click anywhere on a blank space on your desktop. Now you should see Finder listed near the Apple menu icon.
* From the Finder menu, click on Go, then Utilities from the
drop-down menu. This will take you to your Utilities folder.
* Locate and open the Terminal application.
* At prompt, type: drutil eject and press the Return key on your keyboard
This command line should eject the disc from the drive, unless there are mechanical issues with the drive.
If neither of these steps work, then I would be remiss as an Apple Certified Tech, if I did not recommend you proceed to take your Macbook Pro 13" in for service.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2014 | Panasonic SC-BT200 Home Theater Systems....
Jan 08, 2012 | Clarion Car Audio & Video
May 30, 2011 | Bush DVD142RC 14 in. TV/DVD Combo
Aug 12, 2010 | Fisher CD-RW1000 2-Disc CD Recorder
May 09, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Feb 23, 2009 | Nakamichi MB-70 6-disc In-dash Musicbank...
Oct 08, 2008 | Gem Sound CDM-150 Mixer
Dec 28, 2007 | Lite On LITE-ON SOHC-5236V COMBO BK OEM...
254 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: