Question about RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
I've had this TV/DVD player for about a year now and I've never been able to watch DVD's rated R because "the parental leve of the player has been set". I've tried all of your tricks mentioned earlier and nothing works. I have the original remote. Do you have any more tricks to offer?
Ok the default code is 0000 try that
The manual says
Resetting Your Password
Press VOL+ on the remote and the
CHANNEL + on the front of the TV at
the same time. Enter New Pwd. will
appear on the screen. (You must be in the
Enter Password screen when attempting
Press the number buttons to enter a
four-digit code. The code will appear on
the screen as you enter it.
Press OK to save the code.
Press MENU repeatedly to exit the
menu or the menu will automatically
disappear within a few seconds if no
buttons are pressed on the remote
You can also leave the TV unplugged for 4 hrs and do a hard reset.
If you would like the manual leave your email and I will send it.
Posted on May 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2012 | Philips Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
Apr 09, 2011 | Zenith DVB412 DVD Player
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children. Such
discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
1) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
2) Press C or D to select "Password".
Press Number buttons (0-9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CLEAR.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting cannot
be changed unless you enter the correct pass
4) Press OPEN/CLOSE to activate Parental control
setting. (See "Temporary disabling of rating level by
DVD disc" on page 36.)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says "adult." For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
To change the parental level
1) Press C or D to select "Password".
2) Press Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A to change the parental level.
5) Press C or D to select "Password", then press
Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel,
press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD
CLEAR" appears on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
hope this helps
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba SD-K740 DVD Player
Oct 21, 2010 | RCA 20F510TD 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
Dec 30, 2008 | Disney High School Musical DVD Player
May 29, 2007 | Soundstorm SDVD-100 Car DVD Player
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: