Hi, Just posted a solution under "it died" heading. I just fixed my NS-DV2G - the small pcbd under the small top back plate had come unseated. Easy to remove battery cover and battery, then two small screws for top piece of back cover, and see if the board is seated properly on the two strip connector. The pressure connection is is the only thing holding the board on and I believe one drop of this player to the floor could have unseated the board easily. Worth a peek. More long winded details in the other post ;-). good luck,
NOT an expert, I just have the same player. The easy things to try are:
1. The player won't kick on if the "hold" switch is on..
2. Pop the battery out and back in to make sure the contacts are lined up.
3. if it's new and nothing is on it, you can reset it with a paperclip into the small hole on the side..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is battery problem, since it work with your computer directly, you no the computer power supply charge it directly so all you need do now is to get another battery and make sure you charge the new battery for some time before you power on.
did you try holding the power button on for ten seconds (the reset) after trying to charge it again? does it even power up when you plug it into the usb. if it powers on when connected to the usb and then shuts off immediately when you take it off the usb (rather than "refreshing database") then your battery is either 1)disconnected inside 2)dead or there may be issues with power management. Same thing happened to me (disconnected) but I soldered the loose connection and it only worked for two days, even checking the connections again. Now I don't know what's going on. It's more likely the battery has reached the end of its life.
do you have the remote and if so have you tried to do a reset?
Most likely your battery is dead. As in cannot be charged anymore. The good news is that the battery is replaceable. You can sometimes find them on E-Bay for around $20 and they are fairly simple to replace.
I read somewhere that even with a functional lyra, when it displays "battery full", you should keep charging for another hour. This is said to extend battery life and give you an extra 2-3 hours of power.
Either this is perfectly normal, or it indicates that the battery reading tends to be inaccurate. In any case, try leaving it charging even after it gives you the message.
Another thing to consider is, how long has it been in the box?
I'm not sure about lithiums, but most rechargeables I know live longer when used. Live it alone for too long and you shorten it's life.
Could be good to get a second opinion on this battery thing though.
If there's a warranty, don't let it waste.