Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had a line for months! Then I got a line going down the middle of the page. So cleaned and poked around inside put back together and another line! 3 vertical lines! Came on here and went back with a hairdryer on cold setting blowing around the inside of the printer and now its perfect!
Posted on Apr 04, 2008
I tried the other solutions listed here - and no luck. After cleaning the inside of the ADF, like the manual suggested - no change. How are you supposed to do that anyway? Deep cleaning the inside of the machine also has nothing to do with it.
I finally figured out why things that I copied with the ADF had lines/marks on them, but those placed directly on the platen (big glass) were fine. When you copy with the ADF, the copy is not being made from the large glass area. Rather, there is a thin glass area right next to it.
Turns out, there were a couple of smudges (goo) on that thin piece of glass which were creating long vertical lines down every sheet. Cleaned the glass - problem solved!
Gosh, I hope this helps someone else save some time, and frustration.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
SOURCE: half page printing
Driver could be corrupt.
Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off. I'd do both and reinstall the CD software program that came with the printer. When the software program asks you to connect the printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
Here's a link for your manual. Good luck. If this helps you plz rate this as 'fixya'. If you need more help leave a comment & I'll be happy to help. Thank you kindly.
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
Clean the small piece of glass on the flat bed. Should be on the left side of the flat bed when you lift the doc feeder.
Posted on Apr 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2016 | Canon Ir 3300 Black & White Copier
Apr 04, 2015 | Canon 2 Ir3300 Ir3300i B/w Copier/ Network...
Jul 22, 2012 | Canon imageRUNNER 3300 All-In-One Laser...
Sep 09, 2011 | Canon imageRUNNER 2200
Jul 30, 2011 | Canon ImageRunner 3320N Copier
Jul 30, 2011 | Canon ImageRunner 3320N Copier
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 07, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER 3300 All-In-One Laser...
457 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!