Question about Computers & Internet
Press either delete or f2 during the boot up process to enter BIOS you can change or remove your password from there
Posted on Aug 26, 2010
Hi... is it boot up password installed on bios? or is it a welcome screen password? what is your windows operating system is it windows xp, vista or 7?
in windows xp welcome screen password you can by pass it by this steps.
Reboot the PC into Safe mode by tapping f8 repeatedly when the system is starting up. In the selective startup select safe mode. When it loads you will see the administrator account - use it. In the administrator account go to start > control panel > user accounts > user accounts > click create a new account > give it a name that you'll remember > set it to computer administrator > then you'll need to restart and hide your account. Once restarted log in with your username and follow these steps to hide your username from the welcome screen:
1. You begin by opening the Registry Editor. Do that by clicking Start -> Run..., type regedit and hit Enter.
2. With the Registry Editor opened, you want to expand the following keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows NT -> CurrentVersion -> Winlogon -> SpecialAccounts -> UserList.
3. On the right is the list of accounts hidden by the system. To enter a new one right click and select New -> DWORD Value. This value should be named the same as the account you want to hide.
4. Reboot the system, and you will notice the account will disappear from the Welcome Screen. Still if you want to log on into the account, hit CTRL ALT DELETE twice, type the name of the account and password if necessary and log into Windows.
5. To get everything the way it was delete the key you created in the Registry Editor.
Posted on Aug 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Sep 05, 2013 | Alienware PC Systems Computers & Internet
send it to mail
Aug 07, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jun 22, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Feb 16, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Dec 18, 2017 | Motorola Computers & Internet
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: