The Nintendo Wi-Fi
Connection servers could be experiencing a high amount of traffic.
Please try your connection again later.
If you have waited several hours and are still unable to connect,
there could be an issue with your connection. Please review the
- Ensure you have entered the correct DNS into the Wii console's
manual settings (link). You can verify this by following these
- Click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand
corner of your computer.
- Click "Run."
- Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.
- Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press Enter.
- The Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS (first listed), and
Secondary DNS (second listed) information will be displayed. Ensure the
information you have entered into the Wii console's Manual Settings
appear exactly as displayed.
- If you have more than one DNS server listed, try switching the first
and second in the Wii's primary and secondary DNS server slots.
- Try temporarily disabling your router's firewall. *
If you are still receiving this error code, please click
here for assistance.
Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector
Wii LAN Adapter
If you have tried the steps above but are still having issues
connecting, it's possible that our servers may be temporarily down. Please try your connection again later.
*While Nintendo provides this information for our consumers' use, it
is up to each consumer to determine what security needs they have for
their own networks, and to decide how best to configure their network
settings to meet those needs.