a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you want to use the linksys, you need to connect the cable from the modem to the linksys, then use another cable to connect the computer to the linksys. If it does not work, call linksys technical support, if they cannot help try this http://technicalsupport.blog.friendster.com
Hi Susie With related to your particular issue it seems like that your broadband modem is not configured for the router. There are basically 2 types of connection. DSL and Cable modem. Verizon, ATT are DSL and comcast other providers give you a normal cable broadband connection. If its comcast make sure the cable from the comcast modem is going to the internet port in the linksys router and also make sure that there is a system connection the linksys router and the cable from the system goes to any of LAN 1, 2, 3 and 4 ports. Then reset your cable modem by using a pin and inserting to the reset hole in the modem. You could use the same step to reset your linksys router as well .If its a verizon or dsl connection you need to put normally your username and password in the router page. here is the link to how to configure linksys for your internet modem. Here is a video as well on it? http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=vSAXMO7aNzg http://tinyurl.com/5tqqhl
Also post the linksys router model. your ISP modem model number and also information on how many systems are wired to the router and wireless and let me know if you need more help.
who is your broadband provider? Is this cable or DSL connection? Setting up the router is done via http://192.168.1.1. Leave username blank, password is admin. If you have Cable ISP, then make sure you have "Automatic Configuration-DHCP" selected and MAC address Clone is enabled on Setup > MAC address Clone (click Clone, and Apply). If it's a DSL connection and your broadband provider gave you a username and password, select "PPPoE" for Internet Connecton Type, and enter in your DSL username and password. Next verify if your modem is communicating with the router by going to the Status page and by verifying that you have an Internet IP address. If none, wait for a few minutes and power cycle your modem and router.
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.
In order for you to setup the WRt54G to work with your Ibook you nee d to manually configure it since the setup CD for the WRt54G wont run on your MAC computer, In manually configuring the router you need to access the setup page of it and there you can set it up, I will advice you to contact Linksys tech support so one of their tech can walk you through with the process the number 800-3267114 they are open 24/7...
-- who is your internet service provider -- what is the operating system of your computer? -- is this working fine before or is this a brand new router
you may try this and see if this help solve your problem. make sure your computer is directly connected to the router
Step 1: Shutdown the computer. Step 2: reset the router while power on then Unplug the router’s power cable. Step 3: Unplug the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for 30 seconds. Step 4: Plug in the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for its lights to appear stable. Step 5: Plug in the router's power cable once the modem’s lights appear stable. Step 6: Power on the computer on and if your ISP is dsl configure the router settings by setting your isp username and password Step 7: test the Internet connection.
Please see my response to this question. Your university's connection is most probably a LAN connection, so you'd need to follow the instructions as if you had a cable internet connection (unlike DSL, a LAN connection and cable internet connection don't require authentication with the ISP).