Question about Ovens
Thanks for using FixYa. F1 error indicates that the control board (ERC) has gone bad and the electronic range control (ERC) should be replaced to resolve the issue. Please do rate the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
Posted on Aug 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2014 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Jan 19, 2011 | GE JTP15 Electric Single Oven
Dec 22, 2010 | Dacor ECS130 Epicure Electric Single Oven
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 18, 2010 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
Nov 25, 2010 | Whirlpool RBS305PDS Electric Single Oven
Nov 21, 2010 | GE Profile JKP56 Electric Double Oven
Feb 10, 2010 | Jenn-Air WW30430P Stainless Steel Electric...
Jan 07, 2010 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Jul 28, 2009 | Jenn-Air JGW8130A Electric Single Oven
Apr 11, 2009 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!